Chapter 29 - Upheaval 8

No matter how big or small the courtyards were, the Xiao Clan had a total of around two hundred thirty three courtyards. The courtyards were all arranged irregularly and most of them looked almost exactly the same. If we don't even mention the Xiao Sect members who came yesterday and only talk about people who have already been living here for ten or even twenty days, even they would not necessarily remember all the courtyard's positions, nor would they accurately connect them with their owner. This was why Xiao Che was certain that Xiao Jiu had not even gone to Xiao Lingxi's courtyard.... Even if he deliberately went there to check it out yesterday, he could not possibly find it again in such a short time. He should have been faking his search and instead just randomly walked around in a circle for a while until he came back with the box containing the Profound Opening Powder.

Xiao Jiu's silence and the dramatically worsening complexions of Xiao Kuangyun and Xiao Yunhai would even let fools begin to understand what was going on.

Xiao Yunhai flawlessly answered Xiao Che's first question... yet he did not know that it was only just a decoy. The second question that came immediately after made them sink into a deep hole. As for the third question.... it was virtually a resounding slap to their face.

"Little Che...." Xiao Lingxi buried her face in her hands as her vision became hazy. In her most helpless situation, everyone had kept away from her, questioned her, and wronged her for a period of time. Only he stayed the same as before. He fearlessly put his body in front of hers in attempt to shield her.... and confronted the people that not even those of the Xiao Clan would readily dare to provoke.

This silhouette left a deep impression at the bottom of her heart, and this memory may last a lifetime, without any chance of ever disappearing or fading away.

Xia Qingyue's expression became bright once again. The questions were flawlessly answered and everyone was fully convinced of their act, but unexpectedly, he completely turned the entire situation around with only a few simple questions, while also exposing their lies. She yet again discovered that she actually did not truly understand him. No, it should be said that he had hidden his true self from everyone else.... for no one even knew of his frightening medical skills that could shock the entire world. At the moment, he had only revealed a scheme that left others incapable of movement.

The look on everyone's face secretly changed....

However, there were no traces of any change on Xiao Lie's face. Instead, he became even more ashen as both his hands quietly trembled together.

He knew from the start that it was an act to shift the blame onto someone else. Except that Xiao Lingxi ended up with the position of the scapegoat.... As he noticed the way Xiao Kuangyun's gaze changed when his eyes turned in Xiao Lingxi's direction, he went in a fit of rage. However, he could not open his mouth to speak, and could not possibly try to speak. This time, Xiao Che's few sentences exposed their ugly and vicious intentions in front of all the people that were currently present.

But after that?

Could they even be ashamed? Would shame cover their faces? Would they apologize? Or perhaps shout loudly to say that it was all a misunderstanding?

Haha.... That's absolutely impossible!

This would only anger them even further, and make things get more out of hand which in turn would make the consequences even more severe. The people who were present were well aware of this farce, but they did not dare to openly declare that it was happening. Instead, waves of anger came from the opposite party, like blades of grass swaying in the wind....