Chapter 20 - This Is Really Interesting

For the first 20 or so needles, Xiao Che’s handling was very effortless. However, when sweat started to appear on his forehead, the left hand holding the needle also started to tremble. In addition, his movements clearly slowed by quite a bit. Before, he could pierce one needle in the space of a breath, but then it gradually turned into several breaths… after thirty needles, it took longer and longer each time.

If Xia Qingyue looked back, she would notice that while Xiao Che was giving acupuncture treatment, he always used his left hand. He wasn’t left-handed at all, and it’s even less true that his left hand was more skilled. Rather, it was because the Sky Poison Pearl was contained in his left hand.

Whenever a silver needle pierced down, the Sky Poison Pearl in his palm would lightly flicker once. Following the silver needles, the Sky Poison Pearl’s power silently entered Xia Qingyue’s body. Of course, this power wasn’t some kind of poison, but rather was a purifying force. The Sky Poison Pearl had the ability to purify the world’s tens of thousands of poisons. In addition, this “poison” didn’t necessarily have to be a life ending kind of poison, but also included poisons that damaged the body’s interior, as well as superfluous impurities. However, this wasn’t necessarily as simple as washing the marrow and cutting the artery. To use the power of the Sky Poison Pearl was the main reason that he racked his brains today figuring out how to give Xia Qingyue acupuncture treatment.

To disperse the cold air and clear the meridians were only side effects and pretenses. What he was really doing was “opening the profound” for Xia Qingyue.

One minute passed… ten minutes passed… a quarter of an hour passed…

Wisps of cold air slowly rose from each and every silver needle. After a full half an hour had passed, Xia Qingyue’s back had been pierced by a full fifty four needles. Xiao Che’s hands finally stopped moving at this point but after stopping for not even half a minute, he once again reached out, both hands dancing. He removed each and every needle from Xia Qingyue’s back with incomparable swiftness. In the blink of an eye, all of the fifty four needles had vanished from Xia Qingyue’s back.

Xia Qingyue’s jade back was still luminously snow white, like the purest of white jade. Under Xiao Che’s extremely skilled technique, not a single mark was left.

“It’s done…” Xiao Che, having recovered all the needles, breathed a long sigh of relief.

The moment all the silver needles were removed, Xia Qingyue felt as if she were floating through heaven, her entire body indescribably warm and cozy. It made it hard for her to believe, through her stupor, that this was indeed her own body.

She threw her clothes back on and immediately used her profound strength. As the Frozen Cloud Arts rushed forth, she almost jumped in fright, because her profound strength transferred practically the moment the thought crossed her mind. The speed at which it circulated within her body was a cause for joy, as it was many times faster than it was before.

Even after practicing the Frozen Cloud Arts for four years, she still frequently had moments when she couldn’t completely control it. However, now, feeling the Frozen Cloud Arts circulating through her body, she was completely certain that with her body in its current state, she could completely control it. The speed at which the Frozen Cloud Arts circulated also, as a natural result, improved by a tier!

She did not have many hopes to begin with, so she was pleasantly surprised from the bottom of her heart at this kind of result. At the same time, she was also overwhelmingly shocked… shocked that everything that Xiao Che had spoken of had in fact been achieved! Furthermore, the results were even better than he said they would be!