Chapter 31 - Frozen Cloud Asgard's Seven Fairies - Chu Yueli

“Wait a minute! You can’t leave just yet!”

A voice came from behind, and temporarily stopped Xiao Che in his tracks.

Xiao Yulong walked quickly towards Xiao Che and, at the same time, said with a righteous face: “Everyone knows that Xiao Che just got married four days ago, and the one he married is our Floating Cloud City’s number one beauty, the Xia family’s precious daughter, Xia Qingyue. But, everyone must not forget the reason Xia Qingyue married Xiao Che! It’s because Fifth Elder’s son, Xiao Ying, had saved Xia Qingyue’s life in the past. The first reason was to repay the debt of gratitude, and the second reason was to honor the engagement from sixteen years ago. But whether it’s to repay the debt of gratitude, or honor the engagement, the one she should have married was Xiao Ying’s biological son… and not this bastard who isn’t of Xiao Clan’s bloodline, who popped out from who knows where!”

Xiao Yulong words instantly reminded everyone, the fact that Xia Qingyue had married Xiao Che was because of the agreement made sixteen years ago. Since Xiao Che was no longer the biological child of Xiao Ying, therefore the marriage was precisely an absolute mistake!

And since it was a mistake, it should…

Xiao Che didn’t look back, and replied coldly: “Xiao Yulong, it’s none of your business to interfere in my marriage affairs.”

“No, it is my business.” Xiao Yulong smirked and said: “At the moment, the entire Floating Cloud City knows that the number one beauty had been married into our Xiao Clan. Once today is over, the entire city will also know that this number one beauty had in fact not married into Xiao Clan, but to a bastard child that the Xiao Clan had been feeding in vain for sixteen years. And what a huge joke it would be!” Turning his gaze, he looked towards the silent Xia Hongyi that was standing at the back; Yulong raised his voice again and continued: “Master Xia, from what Yulong had heard, you and Xiao Ying had been brothers in arms years ago, and it may have been your wish to marry your daughter to Xiao Che. However now that the truth is out, that this Xiao Che was actually not Xiao Ying’s son, but was just a bastard child that was picked up from god knows where, I suppose that you must feel conflicted in your heart and is having trouble accepting this right now.”

Xia Hongyi remained silent, but his facial expression did indeed look somewhat terrible.

And at this time, the rest of the Xiao Clan disciples who could not bear to see Xia Qingyue’s marriage to Xiao Che finally found their opportunity to vent their frustrations and started to yell.

“Xiao Yulong is right! Xia Qingyue belongs to our Xiao Clan, and now that we know Xiao Che is not one of our Xiao Clan people, the marriage should be annulled!”

“The Fifth Elder clearly knew that Xiao Che wasn’t one of us, yet he still went ahead with the marriage…. this is simply a shameless swindle of a marriage!”

“This good for nothing trash Xiao Che was not fit to be with Xia Qingyue in the first place! Quickly annul this marriage and then banish him from Xiao Clan!”

“Master Xia! Please say something… Aren’t you angry after being lied to by Fifth Elder and Xiao Che for so many years? Are you going to let your daughter’s marriage become nothing but a joke?”

………………

Sarcasm, criticism, rejoicement, insults, and even the sound of people fanning the flames were heard… The people who were jealous of Xiao Che marrying Xiao Qingyue finally found an outlet to release their anger, and with each shout, the insults became more ear-piercing than the last. Since all of them were supposedly on the “correct” side, each and every one of them continued to criticize with an upright face, as if they were at a common trial.