Chapter 78 - Crippled

Saying that Xiao Luocheng was digging his own grave and courting death was not at all, unjustified.

If he had remained calm and vigilant when he faced Yun Che instead of being undisciplined, mocking, and lofty, he would have immediately been able to sense how dreadful Yun Che’s “Falling Moon Sinking Star” was and thereby at once, use his sect’s profound movement skill to avoid it.

Even if he could not dodge it, he could’ve immediately used all of his profound energy to protect his body...... His profound energy surpassed Yun Che by almost an entire profound realm. It was highly possible for Yun Che’s one move to not even be enough to inflict such a serious injury; it would at least, not injure him to his current state of near death.

And after that, Yun Che, who had exhausted all of his profound energy like an oil lamp exhausting its oil, could be slaughtered as he wished.

But in this world, there were only so many “what ifs”.

It was undeniable that Xiao Luocheng was clever and quite shrewd. But unfortunately, he was up against Yun Che. Yun Che had two lives worth of experience in matters of battles, life and death, escaping, and scheming. In these aspects, it was unknown how much more experienced he was compared to Xiao Luocheng. In regards to scheming and being clever, Xiao Luocheng surpassed those of the same age. However, in front of Yun Che, he simply could not even be considered beneath his shoes..
From the very beginning, Yun Che displayed clear arrogance and extreme self-confidence to the point that he condescended others. Even in front of the seven sects, he did not exercise restraint and thoroughly offended them. In the eyes of others, being egotistical was only natural given his young age and being born with such astonishing innate talent; and at the same time, it gave him an image of growing up not knowing when to hold back, and protect oneself by staying low key. The five consecutive matches earlier had also deepen this image of his for everyone five successive times. This made everyone assume that even though this Yun Che was a genius, he was still far too young, for he had the arrogance and insolence that many youngsters have, and was simply not the least bit of shrewd and scheming.

Almost everyone had believed this was so, and naturally, this included Xiao Luocheng.

Furthermore, when he stepped up, aside from his impression of Yun Che being arrogant, he also thought that he was an ignorant fool. This made him even more contemptuous to the point that he regretted stepping up to deal with this kind of “blockhead”.

Therefore, since the beginning of the match with Yun Che, he didn’t have even a trace of caution and wariness towards him. Under Yun Che’s silent lead, in the face of his second attack, he simply did not think of evading or defending, but instead loftily welcomed it. Furthermore, he only prepared seventy percent of his strength in order to dispose of him.

By the time the two fists collided and he felt something was amiss, it was already too late.

“Young... Young Sect Master!!”

After a deathly silence, an extremely terrified roar sounded. The middle-aged man who came with Xiao Luocheng frantically rushed towards Xiao Luocheng; he was almost scratching and scrambling as all the other people from the Xiao Sect Branch hurriedly followed in a flurry. As they reached Xiao Luocheng and saw his injured condition up close, the middle-aged man’s entire body trembled. He hastily reached out to grasp Xiao Luocheng’s wrist. Immediately, his complexion greatly changed; he suddenly turned his head to look towards Yun Che with an extremely malevolent expression: “You little bastard, I... I’ll kill you!!”

The middle-aged man’s body dispersed an extremely dense and hostile murderous aura as he violently roared. He abruptly charged at Yun Che as his right hand formed into a hook to grab his neck. Under the surge of the enormous profound energy, even the entirety of the Main Palace faintly shook.