Chapter 21 - Sharing The Same Bed

Habit was a frightening thing. It could inconspicuously and quietly tamper with a person’s heart.

During the marriage ceremony, Xiao Che wanted to lend an arm to Xia Qingyue and had his arm mercilessly frozen by her. The first time he called her “wife”, it almost sent her into a rage. The first time he led her by the hand, Xiao Che could feel the ice cold killing intent coming from her…

However, during these few days, the “Qingyue my wife” call coming from Xiao Che’s mouth became more and more smooth. No matter what she thought in her heart, she appeared on the surface to have wholly come to accept this form of address. Even undressing in front of him wasn’t that awkward anymore, not to mention him leading her by the palm.

These few days, Xiao Che without a doubt slept in the corner, but it wasn’t that uncomfortable with the thick blanket spread on the floor. Whenever three in the morning came about, he would wake up by himself and use the silver needles to give her “treatment”. These few days, she also became more and more aware of how much her physique had astonishingly changed.

The lighting was dim, but Xia Qingyue’s back was like jade, her skin brighter than snow. Xiao Che held the silver needles in his hand as his fingers fluttered. Before long, he was covered in sweat. Half an hour later, another session of “opening the profound” had finished. Xiao Che removed all of the silver needles, a long sigh of relief escaping from his mouth. Exhausted, his mind suddenly felt dizzy and his body swayed before collapsing on top of Xia Qingyue’s bare back. An indescribable feeling of warmth and softness spread across his chest.

Xia Qingyue abruptly opened her eyes, a look of anger passing through them. She was just about to use strength push Xiao Che far away when she felt that his current breathing was unexpectedly, incomparably weak… weaker by several factors than any time before.

Xia Qingyue withdrew her profound strength and used only a small bit of power to push aside Xiao Che. She then dressed in a flash before extending a hand to support Xiao Che’s body. Looking at him, she asked, “What’s wrong?”

Xiao Che’s complexion was so pale that not even a trace of blood could be seen. His eyes were half open as if he had lost the strength to open them completely. He nodded slightly, then weakly said: “It’s nothing… I had just overused… my strength and energy a bit… Let me rest a little and I’ll be fine.”

Xia Qingyue’s eyes wavered, a feeling of an ache that she shouldn’t have once again appearing in her heart. After the first acupuncture treatment, his entire body had lost strength. Every time it happened, he was able to recover relatively easily. However, these last few days, he had to perform acupuncture on her every day. Every needle required the limit of his profound qi. His body was originally weak. To be continuously weakened like this… how could he afford that? It was possible for this to cause his body irreparable harm.

“… You don’t need to put in so much effort for me.” Xia Qingyue said with a complex look in her eyes.

Xiao Che grinned as he laughed: “No, you’re worth it… because you are my… official wife!”

Xia Qingyue: “…”

Xiao Che closed his eyes and slowly gathered his strength. Using a very quiet voice, he said: “Even though you married me to repay a debt of gratitude, you never considered me your husband. But there’s no way for me to act like you’re not my wife aside from divorcing you. Treating his woman well is also the most basic responsibility and most important honor for a man…”

After saying this, Xiao Che’s chest started to feel warm… I say! Even I was touched by those words, I don’t believe that you with your womanly heart, felt nothing!