Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N one more chapter after thisssss🤩

Coming up to the start of the stairs, Yoongi stopped. He was panting as he desperately looked through the darkness. "Chanyeol!" He yelled. No answer. He cupped his hands and screamed again, this time louder. "Chanyeol!"

Again no answer except a neighbors dog that had awoken and started barking in the distance. "Fuck," he muttered under his breath as he began running up the stairs, skipping one or two as he ran. When he reached the top he practically tore the house door down to get in. "Mom? Dad? Are you guys—,"

He stopped mid sentence as his breath caught in his throat. There was a blood trail leading into the living room. His whole body tensed and began to shake as he slowly followed the drips. He turned on the light to see both of his parents bodies laying on the floor covered in shot wounds, blood everywhere. His father was face down, but his mother was on her back, her head turned so her cold eyes stared straight into Yoongi's soul. Tears weld up in his eyes as he tried to take in a breath. His legs were shaking uncontrollably and he had to lean up against the wall to keep himself standing. His stomach began to twist in a way he'd never felt until now and he had to look away as to not vomit on the floor.

He sucked in a deep breath of air and instantly let out a sob. His shoulders shook as the tears rolled down his cheeks like little glass marbles. The vampire eventually gave in and sunk to the ground leaning forward and letting out a throat ripping scream. His sobs echoed through the house until he remembered the rest of the note and his eyes flung wide open. He sat up straight and wiped his face with his hands. He slowly stood up looking back at his parents bodies once more. "I'm so sorry. I'll come back, I promise."

With that he turned and headed out the door running back down the long path of stairs to the street. Once he was on the street he hid away all his sadness and replaced it with rage as he sprinted back towards Jimins house.

Once he finally got there he ran up the porch steps and threw open the door. "Yoongi!" The vampire snapped his head towards the voice and saw Jimin in the living room, a gun held against his head by Chanyeol. His free arm was wrapped around Jimins throat. The blonde had looked like he'd taken a beating. His forehead was bleeding pretty badly and he had a lightly bruised eye.

Just after Jimin called to Yoongi, Chanyeol tightened his grip on the boys neck causing him to let out a small gag. He reached up to try and loosen the vampires tight grip but Chanyeol only dug the gun into his head further at that.

"Chanyeol, please," Yoongi said trying to keep his voice level. "Let him go. He didn't do anything, it's me you want."

"That's a fair point," the vampire started, "But you were late."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Please," his voice cracked and he internally cursed himself for it. "Please just let him go."

He began slowly moving towards them but this caused Chanyeol to only readjust his gun position. "Don't come any closer or I'll pull the trigger," he warned. Yoongi stopped in his tracks putting his hands up.

If it wasn't clear before to Yoongi, it was now that Chanyeol was clearly insane and reasoning with him wasn't the way to go about the situation. "Do you want to talk? Let's just talk okay? Just put the gun down—,"

"No," came Chanyeols deep voice, clear as day.

"No? Okay, that's fine. You don't need to put it down just—, just step over here so we can talk alone." Yoongi was having a difficult time pretending to act calm. He could hear Jimins soft whimpering cries coming from across the room and he was beginning to really worry because he was running out of ideas.