Chapter Thirty-Seven

A/N it's currently 2:40 in the morning and I just finished this chapter after months of trying to brainstorm so I'm sorry if it's bad. Tell me about spelling errors and I'll correct them.

Yoongi wakes up to the sun coming through the window onto his pillow, Jimins face buried in the vampires neck. The boys arms wrapped around his body tightly. Yoongi tried to shift out of the tangle slowly, but it only resulted in Jimin stirring awake. He let out a little groan stretching his arms and then looked into the vampires eyes. "Good morning," he said smiling softly. "Did you sleep well?"

Yoongi nodded his head yes. "Did you?" To which the boy copied his movements. Yoongi let out a satisfied grunt and sat up rubbing his eyes. "I should probably leave soon. I don't want Chanyeol to find us together."

"Oh screw him," Jimin whined rolling so that his head was in Yoongi's lap. "He can't possibly be that dangerous. He's just a big guy with pointy teeth. Can't we just report him to the police or something?"

Yoongi furrowed his brows looking down at him. "We can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Why not? Maybe because if we turn him in he's going to turn me in as well!" Yoongi remarks brushing his hair back.

Jimin sits up face to face with him letting out a breath of frustration. "But you didn't do anything!"

"That's not true," Yoongi says, his voice growing quiet as his face turned dark. "And besides it wouldn't matter if I did or didn't do anything. I'm still a vampire and society isn't gonna see me any differently than they see him. You did the first time I told you, and so will everyone else. That's just how it is."

Jimins face softens and he looks down at his lap. "I'm sorry," he says in a soft whisper. "I'm really sorry."

Yoongi puts a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Don't be. You had every reason to be afraid. I should've told you sooner anyways."

Jimin stays quiet still looking down. Eventually he reaches up taking Yoongi's hand off of his shoulder and entwining their fingers together. Yoongi squeezes Jimins hand lightly, bringing it up to give it a soft kiss.

"So what are we gonna do?" Jimin finally speaks up?

"About what?" Yoongi asks puzzled.

The blonde scoffs. "Oh I don't know, about us, about Chanyeol, about everything."

Yoongi takes in a deep breath and sighs. "I don't know. I think I should just confront him and tell him to back off or else I guess if I had to..."

"If you had to what?" Jimin asks. "It's not like you can just kill him."

"I can if I have to... I just don't want too."

"Why not?" Jimin asks straightening his back and scooting toward the vampire.

Yoongi let out a scoff furrowing his eyebrows at the boy. "Would you kill him? And don't just say yes. Look me in the eye and tell me you would take someone's life."

Jimin shrunk back into himself at Yoongi's reply and said in a quiet murmur, "I'd like to think I would, for you."

The vampire let out a breath laugh from his nose and reached out ruffling the boys blonde hair. "I'm sure gonna miss you, idiot."

Jimin up at him from under the bangs the Yoongi has ruffled into his eyes with a sad smile. "You don't have too. You can stay here, with me."

"Jimin I—," Yoongi started.

"No I know it's dangerous. And I know there's a psycho vampire after you but he doesn't like me either so why not just stick together? We'd be happy and then he might give up whatever trickery he's trying to pull. Please, Yoongi. For me."

Yoongi let out a shaky breath and looked away from the boy. "I don't trust him. I don't want him to attack you and me not be there to stop him from hurting you."

"Yes, yes so stay here with me," Jimin bounced on his knees, his eyes sparkling with glee.

The older boy finally drew his eyes back to Jimin, yet Jimin couldn't tell what was going through Yoongi's mind. "I don't think it's a good idea Jimin, I'm sorry."

At Yoongi's words, Jimin seems to deflate, all the happiness that was once in his face fading away in an instant. "Why? Why not?" He chokes out, swallowing the lump rising in his throat.

"Think about it, Jimin. I'm putting you in danger just being here now. Even if that danger goes away what then? What will we do for the rest of your life? You'll grow older and I'll stay this same age forever. What happens then? Your friends and family will all age and die with you but not me. We can never have that perfect life you want where we grow old and live together until we both die of old age. I'm never going to be able to do that for you."

Jimin stares at Yoongi. His lips are quivering as his eyes blink away silent tears. Yoongi looks down at his lap and sighs. "I don't care if I'm old and you're still young. Screw anyone who judges us for it. Unless you care what people think?"

Yoongi looks at Jimin, taking his hand and giving him a soft smile. "I don't give a shit what other people think."

"Then why does it matter? Why can't this work?" Jimin pleads.

Yoongi lets go of his hand and puts his hands up to his face dragging them down slowly. "Because, Jimin. Because I don't want to watch as you get old and I'm stuck in this god awful age as you slowly wither away. I don't want to be there when you die knowing I could've stopped it. Knowing that you didn't have to die leaving me all alone. That sounds so fucking selfish but I'm sorry. When you die it'll break my heart. There's only one way we could make it work and it's not gonna happen."

Jimin let out a little sniff, the most noise he'd made for a while. "How?" He finally spoke up. His lips barely moved as he spoke, and his eyes were bloodshot from trying to hold in his tears.

Yoongi shook his head. "Nothing. It's nothing, I shouldn't have even brought it up."

Jimin furrowing his brows, a new spark appearing in his eyes. "I want to know how. Tell me."

Yoongi gave him a silent pleading look to drop it, but Jimin held strong eventually cracking the vampire. "I'd have to bite you and change you into a vampire."

Jimins mouth opened slightly, drawing in a shaky breath shifting away from the vampire only slightly. Yoongi notices the movement and instantly tries to sooth the boys conscience. "It's okay. This is why I didn't want to tell you. I know you don't want that, so please don't feel like you're being forced into anything. No one's forcing you to do anything, okay? I would never do that to you."

Jimin slowly relaxes giving the vampire a small nod of acknowledgement. "Okay, sorry I freaked out."

Yoongi shakes his head pulling Jimin into himself, holding his head against his chest. The boy instantly relaxed his shoulders, wrapping his arms around the vampires waist. "You have no reason to be sorry," Yoongi hummed as he began to pet Jimins soft blonde hair.

A/N wow I actually updated!! How's everyone doing nowadays? I've been gone for so long I'm so sorry😭 I can't promise another chapter soon but I'll try harder to write more now that my school is out. Yes I will be finishing the book, for all of you who keep asking don't worry. It's just lots of writers block mixed with me drifting out of the fandom just isn't giving me much inspiration, but yes I will finish it no matter what. I love you all, stay safe out there💙💙💙💙💙