Chapter Eighteen

I spent all last night writing this. Not the best idea staying up till 1 in the morning on a school night. Eh, whatever. When you gotta write, you gotta write. Tell me if there's any grammar/spelling errors I'm really tired. Goodnight 😴💙

~~~

It was cold. It was always cold, but something about it this time wasn't right to Yoongi. Opening his eyes he looked around. Finally he realized what it was: he was sleeping in his bedroom alone, without Jimin. He had gotten used to waking up alone, but it still made his heart ache, mentally cursing Jimin's grandparents for ever putting him in such pain.

Sighing, the boy pulled the blankets off of himself and got up. When he arrived in the kitchen he saw Jimin over the counter at the table reading a book and eating some granola cereal.

Jimin looked up from his book when he heard Yoongi enter the room. "Hey," he said smiling.

"Hey," Yoongi replied, his voice raspy from sleep. "Did you sleep well?"

Jimin looked down at his cereal, the smile fading slightly as he remembered the night before. "I don't know. Not really, I guess."

"Im sorry. How come?" Yoongi asked curiously as he walked over to sit across from the blonde.

Jimin sighed. "I just feel like a burden right now. I miss you, so much. It's just that anytime I get to close I hear their words in my head and just— I just can't—"

Jimin groans, running his hands through his hair before resting his elbows on the table and putting his face in his hands. "I don't know, I don't know," he mumbles.

Yoongi swallows, trying to think of some way to cheer him up. "I wish I could help in someway. Is there anything I can do?" He asks.

Jimin takes his face out of his hands. "I don't know. I think I just need to try and ignore my grandparents and what they said. Thanks though." He hesitates for a moment before saying quietly, "I love you, Yoongi."

Yoongi smiles sadly. "I love you too, Jimin," he says it in almost a whisper.

Jimin smiles into Yoongi's eyes for a moment as the silence creeps in. Before it gets to quiet, Jimin picks up his spoon and continues eating. "Do you want any food?"

Yoongi's smile falters before shaking his head no. "I'll eat in a bit."

Jimin looks at him for a moment before nodding and taking another bite.

"So, uh, Jimin," Yoongi clears his throat. "I know this kinda was just sprung on you, but my parents wanted to know if we could come over on Tuesday for dinner."

Jimin puts his spoon down. "Tuesday? Like in three days?"

"See I told them it would be to soon. I can reschedule it for whenever you—" Yoongi starts.

"No it's okay you don't have too. It's just that I was going to invite Jungkook and Tae over for a bit on Tuesday, but I can reschedule with them. This is more important anyways." Jimin smiles reassuringly.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow questionably. "Okay, are you sure?"

"Yeah it'll be great. I'll just tell them to come over tomorrow instead." Jimin says getting up already heading over to the phone.

Yoongi watches from afar as Jimin dials a number and starts to speaks into the phone. He can't make out if he's talking to Jungkook or Taehyung, but which ever one it was, was making him laugh. The vampire bit his lip smiling sadly. He missed hearing his laughter.

"Okay," Jimin said smiling into the phone. "Okay, great! I'll see you then. Bye, Jungkook."

"We good?" Yoongi asked holding both thumbs up.