Chapter Eight

"Jimin?" The blonde was standing in the doorway, a look of concern plastered across his face. "What are- what are you doing here?"

Yoongi silently prayed that he hadn't been there long. Either way he would see that he had been crying so it was pointless to hope otherwise.

"I came here to see what was wrong. You left a while ago and I figured something was wrong because no one takes that long in a bathroom. Besides, it's not like I was enjoying the movie." Yoongi bit his lip to stifle his laugh, and it probably wouldn't have worked had Jimin stopped after the first sentence.

"Thanks for coming to check, but I'm fine," Yoongi's voice cracked on the last word. He closed his eyes in embarrassment and prayed Jimin hadn't noticed. When he opened them he searched Jimin's face, desperately hoping the blonde hadn't figured out what was wrong but he couldn't describe the emotions set in his eyes. He did know that Jimin was doing the exact same to him, eyes searching Yoongi's face to show any kind of emotion to figure out the puzzle of what was happening.

"Well," Yoongi said clapping his palms together, "I'm gonna go get back to the movie now, I guess."

He started past Jimin but Jimin backed up to the door blocking the passage. "Wait. Please, tell me what's going on. I care about you. Are you sure you're okay? Cause by what I can see you sure don't look okay."

Jimin's eyes were soft and filled with concern, something Yoongi had never thought he'd see so much of directed at himself. Especially from a human. Sighing, Yoongi gave into Jimin, nodding slightly before walking back and sitting down against a wall knees tucked up, by the sinks. He couldn't help it. How could he say no to those beautiful eyes?

Jimin sat down next to Yoongi, criss-crossed and put his hand on Yoongi's knee, leaning his head against his shoulder.

After a long moment of silence Jimin spoke softly, "So do you wanna talk about it?" He never looked up, tracing his index finger along Yoongi's knee, drawing little circles on it.

Yoongi didn't reply at first, just sat watching Jimin's hand move around, his skin underneath tingled slightly at the touch.

To be honest Yoongi didn't know what to say. If he told Jimin anything close to the truth the boy would know exactly what was wrong and he most certainly did not want that.

The silence crept on for what felt like ages, the only noises heard were their breathing and a drip of water in the sink every few seconds.

Finally, after contemplating for the longest time, taking in a shaky breath, Yoongi said in a hoarse voice, "Why are you so afraid of vampires, Jimin?"

The moment he said this he wanted to take it back. He was suddenly so afraid. Afraid of the answer, afraid of being exposed, afraid of what Jimin would think or do.

Jimin lifted his head off of Yoongi's shoulder and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why do you ask?"

Yoongi swallowed hard, putting his hands on the floor to keep them from shaking. "I- you know what? Forget I said anything."

"No I wanna know," Jimin was fully sitting up now, looking Yoongi in the eyes. His hand had slipped off of the vampires knee at some point, now crossing his fingers in his lap.

"I just-," Yoongi frantically searched for the right words to say. "I just think you're phobia of them is really strong for never seeing one before. Don't you think there's some good ones out in the world? I mean-"

"I have seen one."

"Wh-what'd you say?" Yoongi sputtered out his mouth running dry, from what he heard. Jimin was looking ahead, at nothing in particular.