Chapter Nine

Yoongi sat, his feet propped up on the coffee table, reading one of Jimin's books that he picked randomly off the shelf. It wasn't incredible, but it wasn't boring enough to put down either. He left out a long breath, side eyeing Jimin. He had managed to fall asleep on the couch watching TV, one arm dangling, the controller loosely tucked in his fingers. The vampire smiled contently, looking back to where he held his finger in place of where he had paused in the book.

It had been maybe ten minutes before Yoongi heard the controller drop completely to the grown and out of Jimin's grasp. Agitated that his reading had been disturbed, Yoongi sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he stood up. The boy moved to go pick up the remote turning the TV off. He put the controller on the table and went to sit back where he was. Before he could, he stopped as he heard a faint whimper come from the sleeping boy on the couch.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he turned back toward the blonde, quietly setting his book down. Jimin's face scrunched up in fear as he slept, his fingers and legs twitching here and there. More whimpers erupted as his breathing began speeding up in pace.

Yoongi looked on, his mouth slightly open, not sure what to do. He was sure it was just a nightmare, but should he wake him or let him sleep it out? He couldn't remember which would help in this type of situation.

"Stop. No, please...stop!" Came Jimin's voice as Yoongi leaned closer to hear what he was saying. The vampire clenched his jaw, wishing he knew what to do. Hesitantly, he reached his hand out and wiped the hair off of Jimin's forehead. He was sweating profusely, his breathing increasing more by the second.

"Jimin...Jimin wake up. It's okay
Jimin, just wake up," Yoongi could feel his voice shaking as he desperately tried to help the boy. If he didn't wake up soon he didn't know what else to do. He clearly was having a panic attack and Yoongi didn't have a clue as to how to help him if he wouldn't even wake up.

Just as Yoongi was feeling his anxiety levels start to increase, Jimin jerked up, gasping, eyes wide. Yoongi's heart calmed, seeing the blonde awake. Jimin looked around, anxiously searching the room until his eyes landed on Yoongi, instantly filling with tears. He reached out for Yoongi, letting the tears loose as he sobbed into the raven haired boys shoulder.

Yoongi closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Jimin, softly stroking his silky hair to soothe him in anyway possible.

"I- I'm sorry, I was just-," Jimin let out another sob, unable to finish his sentence.

Yoongi squeezed him tighter to let him know he was there as he shushed him and whispered comforting words into his ear. "Shh, shh, it's okay. You don't have to say anything. It's okay."

"I was just so scared," Jimin finally said in a hoarse voice, his breathing finally slowing down after several minutes. His arms fell from Yoongi's back as he pulled away to look at him. His face was puffy, his eyes red, barely visible, and his nose ran no matter how many times he sniffled. Yoongi's fingers lightly traced up and down Jimin's arms, calming him.

Jimin let out a breath, his bottom lip quivering. "Ever since I told you about my parents I haven't gotten it out of my mind. I'm sorry." Jimin pressed the back of his fist into his eyes, trying to block the tear ducts from working more than they already have. "It's stupid, I know. Especially since you told me not every vampire is bad... right?"

"Hey no no no," Yoongi began moving closer to Jimin bringing up one hand to stroke his hair out of his face. "It's not stupid. You have every right to be angry, upset, sad. Whatever you choose. They are your parents. Of course you should feel this way. It's completely fine. Hell, if anyone should be apologizing it should be me. I'm the one that brought it up in the first place opening old wounds. I'm sorry, I never should have asked. It was an idiotic question in the first place."