Chapter Fourteen

"Come on Yoongi, we're going to be late!" Jimin called from the living room rattling the car keys to try and get Yoongi to fasten his pace.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, for fucks sake we're not gonna be late we're leaving thirty minutes before they even planned for us to be there," Yoongi said as he stepped out of his room fixing the collar of his shirt. He was wearing a white button up shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black and white converse. Not to fancy, but nice enough so that Jimin's grandparents wouldn't criticize him for his clothes.

Not ever having to go anywhere nice took a toll on him, but he didn't care. As long as Jimin was okay it would be fine.

"Leaving early never hurt anyone and besides, if we leave thirty minutes early here, we can leave thirty minutes early from their house, so come on," Jimin stated with a slight shake in his voice, obviously nervous for what was to come. He was bouncing on his heels, playing with the keys in his hands to distract himself from the tension he felt.

"Hey, it's okay," Yoongi said walking over and putting his hands on Jimin's shoulders. "You're gonna be fine. Alright, let's go." With that Yoongi kissed Jimin's cheek and walked out to the car ahead of the blonde.

In all honesty Yoongi was just as scared of going to see Jimin's grandparent, if not more scared than Jimin. But he could never tell him. Not only did he have to face the wrath of Jimin's homophobic grandparents once they found out about the two, but he also had to meet more people he didn't know, and that was never good. He promised himself he wouldn't meet anyone else so not to get more attached to humans, not that he'd get attached to them, but here he was, about to meet more.

The two sat in silence the whole car ride. Yoongi's head leaned up against the window as he looked out to see buildings and trees passing by. Every now and then he'd wipe the sweat off his hands and onto his jeans, in the hopes that his anxiety would just go away for the sake of Jimin.

"Okay, here we are," Jimin said through gritted teeth as he pulled the car into a small driveway. The house was big and yellow, in an average sized neighborhood surrounded by many other house that looked the exact same.

The two opened the car doors and hopped out, joining each other at the front of the car to walk up the steps to the porch. Yoongi looked at Jimin who was obviously nervous. His breath was shaky and his body was stiff as he rang the doorbell. Yoongi grabbed Jimin's hand and gave it a little squeeze of reassurance.

The door opened and suddenly Jimin yanked his hand out of Yoongi's grasp putting on a huge fake smile and embracing the older women in front of him. "Grandma! It's been so long, oh I've missed you."

Yoongi looked at his hand then at the two hugging, slightly offended and slightly in shock. "Well do come in," the woman said to Jimin and Yoongi going inside ahead of them.

Yoongi gave Jimin a look to which Jimin replied with a shrug and a sympathetic smile mouthing the words, "I'm sorry, I love you."

Yoongi sighed nodding as Jimin went ahead of him into the house. Yoongi walked after him squeezing Jimin's shoulders twice in reassurance before letting go and shutting the door behind him.

When they arrived inside the living room, Yoongi stopped to look around. After all, it was only the second home he'd been in, apart from his own on the hill.

The room was warm from the fire place in the middle of the brick wall ahead of him. A TV sat in the corner and a purple flowered couch faced towards it along with a redish-orange rocking chair. On the walls were about twenty, maybe more, photographs ranging from black and white to newer, colorful ones. He walked closer to the wall to look at them.