Chapter Twenty-Eight

Yoongi's whole body tensed as he heard Jimin speak. Finally giving in he turned and looked at him. "Hi, Jimin." His voice came out sounding almost sarcastic. He didn't mean for it to sound that way, it's just that he felt absolute ridiculous showing up because he expected Jimin to be angry.

Jimin's eyes sparkled however. "I coulda sworn you weren't here a second ago. Wow! Small world, small world," he began to trail off talking more to himself than to Yoongi. Suddenly the blonde slapped the table with his palm causing Yoongi to almost spit out the sip of water he'd just taken. "Wait! I'm not supposed to be cheery with you. I'm mad at you," Jimin said, stringing out the word mad.

Jimin starts to hum, growing louder and louder until he finally blurt out, "Vampires. Tricky fellas they are.       Trick-y fellas," he paused as if trying to think of what else to say. "Funny, I never would have guessed that one day I'd date the person who killed my parents."

Yoongi looked over at Jimin and gasped, a look of shock and hurt flashing across his face. "Jimin, I didn't kill your parents. I don't know who did that, but I didn't... I'm not like that."

Jimin let out a small laugh taking a sip of his beer. "See, that's the worst part about all of this. You're the exact opposite of what I made vampires out to be like in my head. For all I knew, you seemed like a normal person. You made me question everything I'd ever believed and yet, I still love you." Yoongi's breath stopped in his throat for a split second hearing those words.

Jimin let out a laugh continuing, completely oblivious to how Yoongi reacted. "Hah! I still love you. That's just—," Jimin cuts himself off with an almost hysterical laugh. "Isn't that just insane?" He continues his rant, getting louder the more he speaks. "Even though you told me that you're a vampire. A vampire!"

The bartender glances at the two suspiciously and Yoongi hides behind a soft smile and a wave. He turns back to Jimin desperately and says through gritted teeth, "Jimin, I'm begging you lower your voice there are people around that will hear you."

Jimin looks back at Yoongi as if he didn't even hear the vampire. He brings his face close to Yoongi's squinting his eyes before saying quietly, "Can you eat garlic?"

"What?" Yoongi asks pulling his face away from Jimin's, his breath reeking of alcohol.

"I said: Can. You. Eat—," Jimin repeats himself slowly as if talking to a child.

"I heard what you said," Yoongi said irritatedly waving his hands in the air to stop the boy. "Why do you wanna know?"

"Can you eat garlic?" Jimin repeats himself a third time, louder and more demanding.

Yoongi's face morphs into confusion but he answers. "I don't know, I've never been around it that I know of."

Jimin turns away from Yoongi giving his attention to the bartender walking by. "Excusee me, do you have anything garlicky?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes as the waiter replied. "Yes, we have some garlic fries, some roasted—,"

"I'll take the fries," Jimin says interrupting him. The man nods curtly walking away.

Yoongi turns to face Jimin, exasperated. "What are you doing?"

Jimin smiles at him mischievously. "Nothing, just an experiment," he says popping the "p".

Yoongi rolls his eyes putting his head on the bar counter. Several minutes pass as Jimin waits for his food. The boy orders another beer but once it arrives the vampire snatches it away. "Heyyy, what was that for?" Jimin whined looking at Yoongi with a pout.