Chapter Twelve

Yoongi walked back to Jimin's, full from eating at his parents. It was getting dark and he didn't really know how long he's been gone but it was long enough for Jimin to worry. He shuddered thinking back to the conversation he had with his father before as if Jimin should worry for him.

"If you are going to be taking our food, you're going to need to pay us back." He recalled his father saying smoothly.

"That's fine, just tell me what you need me to do," Yoongi replied brushing his hair out of his face.

"You're going to go into town and look out for bad people. People who deserve to die, and homeless who will die soon anyway."

Yoongi sat in silence for a moment, his eyes closed before nodding and whispering, "Okay." He cleared his throat replying louder this time. "Alright, I'll do that."

"There's one more thing." Yoongi raised an eyebrow leaning forward, curious. "You must kill one person. For practice."

Yoongi jumped out of his chair pointing a finger at his father. "Woah, woah, woah, that's not what we talked about. I told you I was not killing anyone."

"Yoongi we're not going to be around forever. Whether we're killed or move away because of suspicions, we'll be gone from your life eventually. You need to learn how to survive without us."

"What are you talking about? I've survived this long on my own without you! Sure I don't get the best blood since it's from animals but I'm surviving. Mom tell him. Mom?"

Yoongi looked back at his mother who stood in the doorway, looking down at her feet. She lifted her head to look up at her son. Her eyes were glazed over in tears. "Honey, you know I love you. But your father is right. You really should-"

"Oh my god. Oh my fucking god." Yoongi ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "I can't believe this." He whispered looking up at the ceiling. "Why am I not even surprised. Of course, you're on his side. I should've known."

"Yoongi, don't talk to your mother like that. You know we're right." His father snapped. "It's not like humans are any better than us. They kill animals for meat all the time for food."

"That's different. Animals don't look and act as we do, they're completely different. Humans are just like us only they eat a different type of food."

"Yoongi do you want to have our help or not?" Roared his father's voice. The room silenced, all but his mother's quiet sobs coming from in the kitchen where she'd went after Yoongi yelled at her.

Yoongi thought the question over in his head thinking thoroughly about the effects it would have on him and everyone he knew. Finally, he made up his mind and taking in a steady breath looked in his father's eyes. "Yes. I'll do it. But only once, like you promised. Right?"

"Correct. It's settled. Come back here in a week and tell us who you've found in town that can be eaten. We'll discuss your practice later when I think you're ready."

(Flashback ends)

Yoongi reaches the door to Jimins house hesitantly knocking on the door. Could he really let himself back into Jimin's house after what he's promised to do? He pushed the thought away as the door creaked open slowly revealing two worry sick eyes peeping out from behind before flinging open to reveal an entire face full of worry.