Chapter Thirty

The vampire turned around slowly. Jimin kept his grip on Yoongi's hand but made no move to look him in the eyes. Yoongi let out a small sigh. "Jimin let go," his voice broke as he pushed the words out. They were quiet, just barely a whisper, but Jimin heard him and shook his head violently.

Yoongi closed his eyes brushing his hair back with his free hand. "Jimin, please. You and I both know this isn't going to work. It'll be easier on both of us if you just let go."

Jimin was silent for a long time. Yoongi kept his gaze on him and watched as the boy sniffled, his shoulders beginning to shake. It made the vampires heart ache but he made no move to touch him or comfort him. He stayed silent waiting to be released, but Jimin never let go.

The blonde wiped his eyes just as a wave of sobs hit him. His knees began to wobble and he fell to the ground, now gripping at Yoongi's hand. The vampire looked out the window biting his lip as he shifted his weight. Finally because he couldn't stand to hear Jimin hurting anymore he turned to look at him, bending down so that he was crouched in front of the boy. "Jimin look at me."

The boy let out a series of whimpers before finally looking up at the vampire through glossy, swollen, red eyes. "I know it's hard. Believe me, I do. But you've gotta let go of my hand. I know deep down this isn't what you want. You're only going to regret it later. Please," Yoongi spoke, his voice strained. "Let me go. It's gonna be okay, I promise."

Jimin's bottom lip quivered, another tear rolling down his cheek. Yoongi gave him a halfhearted smile as he wiped it away. The younger boy looked down at his hand, still gripping the vampires. He let out a small whimper and sniffed looking back up to meet Yoongi's eyes. The vampire had to force himself to keep eye contact. The boy looked so broken, barely holding himself together.

Yoongi reached up reluctantly pushing Jimin's hair back dragging his hand down the side of the boy's face. Jimin closed his eyes leaning into the touch, trying to hold back his tears. Yoongi gave him a tight lipped smile saying softly more to himself than to Jimin, "It'll be okay. He'll be okay."

With that, he looked down and took his hand out of Jimin's and stood up. Jimin's breathing began to increase again. "Wait, no stop." His voice was so broken that it didn't even sound like his anymore. Using the last bit of his strength, Jimin pushed himself off the floor and ran to Yoongi burying his face in the vampires back, clutching at his shirt.

Yoongi closed his eyes reaching back to hug the boy. When it didn't work how he planned, he turned around slowly and wrapped himself around Jimin burying his face in the boy's neck. "I'm gonna miss you so much," Yoongi said into the blondes neck sending a shiver down his spine.

Jimin let out a wail clutching onto the vampire even more. "I- I don't want this t- to end."

"I don't either, but it's for the best," Yoongi said as he stroked the boy's soft blonde hair.

Jimin was silent aside from his crying until finally he spoke through a sob. "I- I'm sorry. Please don't leave. I lo- I still love you."

Yoongi let out a breath pulling Jimin away so that they were face to face. "This isn't what you want though. You said it yourself, you don't trust me. I don't want to be with you if I know deep down this isn't what you want. I love you Jimin, but I'm not so sure you feel the same anymore."

Jimin looked down at his feet wiping his eyes. "I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I know that I still love you... but you're right. I don't know if I could trust you."

Yoongi squeezed the sides of Jimin's arms forcing a smile. "Exactly. I don't want you to be afraid. Especially of your boyfriend. Which is why I'm making this easy for you, okay? I'm gonna decide for you. And I've decided, you're gonna go on with your life. Find a boy who loves you just as much and more than you love him. Be with him. Get married and grow old together and live your best life together. Promise you'll do that, for me."

Jimin remained looking at his feet not responding. Slowly he started shaking his head before lightly punching Yoongi in the chest and falling onto his hand. "But that was supposed to be you! I don't want that with anyone else. I want to stay with you... forever."

Yoongi sighed resting his chin on the boy's head massaging circles into his back. "Jimin, that can't happen with me. You're going to grow up and I'll be stuck like this, forever. We wouldn't get a happy cliché ending where we both grow old together. It won't work."

"I don't care," the boy said into the vampires chest. "So what if I grow old and you don't? It doesn't matter."

"Jimin, you know this isn't actually about that. You've lived all your life in fear of vampires. It's not like you can just suddenly be okay with them. And that's fine, I get that. I wouldn't be able to get over something that's traumatized me since I was a child. It's just... I don't want you constantly living in fear. Especially if you're fear is of me."

Jimin was quiet then leisurely pulled away and turned around, wrapping his arms around himself. "You're right," he said in a low voice, barely audible. "You should probably go."

Yoongi nodded, blinking rapidly to keep his eyes from watering. With heavy steps, he walked over draping his arms over the boy one last time and burying his face in his shoulder taking in a breath of the boy's scent. He was going to miss him so much. His scent, his touch, the way the corners of his eyes crinkled up when he laughed, the soft touch of his skin, how his hair swept so neatly across his face when he was sleeping, his quiet singing when he was cleaning and didn't think Yoongi heard him; everything. He was going to miss everything about this boy and it hurt so fucking bad.

Yoongi could only take so much before it was finally his last straw and he snapped. His shoulders grew heavier, slumping further down into the boy's touch as his breath began to hitch. A tear threatened to spill and unlike before, Yoongi gave up closing his eyes as it fell. And then another, and another, and another. His face grew wet with tear stains and his whole body ached with pain. Not physical pain, no. This was pain that only the truly heartbroken could feel. An ache that was never fully there. It hurt as if your entire body were covered in bruises that you couldn't see. That's what it was though, right? It was just a giant bruise on your heart. Unseen to the eye, but it was there, and it hurt like no other pain.

Jimin turned around pulling Yoongi from his thoughts and reached his arms around Yoongi's waist pulling him even closer. They stayed like this for a long time until Yoongi's breathing became normal again. Hesitantly he pulled away, wiping his eyes and heading towards the door.

"Goodbye Jimin," he said over his shoulder, his voice scratched up from crying. And this time, Jimin made no move to stop him from leaving.

A/N
Tada, the end!!

No I'm just kidding😂😝💙