2. Things Change (PT.2)

Mulai dari awal

    Owen nodded, running his fingers through her hair. "I'm getting glow stick vibes" he joked and everyone at the table agreed with him.

       She shrugged her shoulders, unbothered. "I can a give a fuck bout' no hater, long as my bitches love me" she rapped the words of lil Wayne. "That's all that matters".

     "Ion know how you be pulling, yo playa ass" Laila spoke up, shaking her head. "I'm tired of having bitches come up to me asking bout yo ass".

    "They do that for for real" I asked in utter shock. I ain't know she was pulling like, she popped her imaginary collar, nodding feeling accomplished. "It ain't nothing" she waved me off, opening a bag of baked ruffles.

     Joseph scoffed. "Don't be surprised. I be thinking the girls genuinely coming to talk to me, they asking about her trifling ass".

     I chuckled at how irritated he seemed by it. "Someone's sounds like a hater" Laila called him out, turning her attention to me. "You coming later" she questioned referring to the party. Playing around with the Rolex watch on my arm that my father purchased, I shrugged my shoulders. "I'll try" I said.

The day passed and it was going on seven o'clock, I sat on the wooden bench in front of the school next to my workout bag. My dad stopped my privileges of driving the car to school and back. Being the petty man my dad is, he took his time going up the street on purpose to make me wait. "Wassup" Jeremy greeted, throwing his car keys in the air and catching them with one hand.

     "Trynna find a way to sneak out, I gotta go to this party" I put my head in my hands as different ideas popped up. "He don't check on me that much so I think I'll be good"

   Jeremy's eyes widened, realizing the type of party it was. "It's basically a smoke session, full of drugs and shit." He said as if I didn't already know that. "At one point you couldn't even stand the smell".

     "Things changed" , my dad pulled up, I picked up my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. "I'll see you later"

   "Sure" Jeremy pursed his lips together, going towards the parking lot of his car. He didn't forget to give that disappointed facial expression that made me second guess the whole thing.

    I got in the car, it was filled with complete silence, the radio wasn't even on. "Your mom had your baby sister today" dad mentioned, staring at me from the corner of his eyes. No matter how much he tried to hide it, he was still hurt by mom's actions. As much as they claimed they only stayed together for our benefit, the love was still there.

  I twisted my mouth to the side, opting out. "I'm studying tonight" I lied, mentally cursing myself. He looked at me oddly before continuing to drive down the road. "Imma go see her this weekend , so I can spend more time with her" I reasoned, it sounded way better in my head.

   "That's fine, Neenan and Noah already over there"

    After taking a fresh shower, I panicked thinking about how this could all go down in flames.

No negative thoughts..

    My phone rung, making me jump. It's like when your doing something wrong, the littlest things make you paranoid. Picking up the phone, I smiled at the name, rushing to answer it. Wrapping the towel around me, I propped up the phone, checking myself out on the process.

    "Ooooo, fresh out the shower I see" Natalie gushed, dramatically covering her mouth. "Hey my baby" she greeted, pouting in the camera. "Feels like we haven't talked in forever".

     I nodded, understanding. Our communication is mainly keeping up with each other through Instagram. "It's been a lot going on".

   She jumped back, putting a hand over her chest. Leaning into the camera, she laid on a pillow, wrapping herself in the purple silk covers. "Enlighten me" she beamed, sarcastically. "Because it seems you've been living your best life the past few months".

   Smacking my lips, I waved her off, going into my closet to find an outfit. I decided on a black and white type of theme, something simple and drippy at the same time. Laying the shirt and pants out on the bed.

    "Natalie" I called out and she bucked at the camera, laughing. "I'm not trynna lecture you but I'm just telling you what I've been observing. You've been blowing me off heavy and I just wanna spend time together".

       Sighing, I got out the camera, giving me enough time to slip on my boxers and out on my pants. Pulling the plain t-shirt over my head, I decided to add my chain to the perfection. "Wanna spend the night next weekend, I gotta go over my mom's house this weekend." I asked not wanting to see her upset and I've been missing her to.

  She turned her head away, trying to hide her growing smile. "Your making me blush" she whined, batting her eyes. "I don't mind".

    Natalie went on pause and then came back to the screen, fluttering her eyelashes and raising a brow. "It's nine o'clock at night on a Wednesday and your planning to go where" she sat up fully, preparing herself. "Last time I checked, your not allowed outside the house, unless permitted so".

  My dad has been keeping me on lockdown for the last three weeks. I'm only allowed to go to school and practice, those two things are on the same campus. If I go somewhere it has to be with him attending or mother. He even cut me off from fast food, so I'm stuck eating pizza rolls, microwaved dinners, and a home cooked meal ever now and then. "I'msneakingout" I rambled all at once, knowing she didn't understand anything I just said.

   "Nigga what" she scrunched up her face, I could tell the attitude was coming. "Stop fucking playing with me"

  "I'm sneaking out" I repeated clearly this time. She seemed taken aback, opening her mouth to say something but closed it. "Oh wow, okay" she nodded to herself, deciding to leave it alone.

    "Don't do that, say what you've gotta say" I urged, curiously.

    She put up a hand, causing me to shut my mouth. "I'm not gonna mention anything because we weren't suppose to be going back and forth on this call." She said but I knew her like the back of my hand, she had to say something . Natalie took a dramatic pause, closing he eyes, counting to ten on her head. She had a pep talk with herself in the mirror, something she usually did to contain irritation, anger, sadness. Turning back towards the camera, she put on a fake smile, the whole thing amused me. "So what's been going on with school" she questioned, trying to force herself to be interested.

    "School has b-" Natalie cut me off, finally breaking. "Think about your future, football and your grades are ways to get some good scholarships. Don't do anything to put that on jeopardy, that all I ask".

     I laughed. "I'm fine, I'm not doing anything that could ruin anything for me" I said confidently and somewhat scared. Truthfully I didn't know what's in store, but I promise not to fuck it up.

   "Ok" she mumbled, blowing a kiss through the camera. I pretended to catch it and put my hand near my heart.

-
Thoughts on Julian and his new crew?