Chapter 31

You opened your eyes, just to get blinded by the bright lights. You took your time to adjust your focus, before looking around. The room had white walls, and silence echoed everywhere. You looked down to find yourself on a bed and an IV connected to your hand, some wires and screens detecting your heartbeat.

Hospital? What happened to me?

Trying to move your right hand, you felt something on it. You turned on your right to find Loki sitting on a chair asleep, holding your hand. You smiled and adored him for a while before the doors opened and some people walked in, which woke Loki up. He seemed restless, which could be easily identified by his bloodshot eyes. You tried to make a movement but you felt sore.

Weird… why do I feel sore?’

A lady with some papers walked up to you and smiled. “oh looks like you're awake, Miss Y/N.” she said and flipped some pages. “oh Y/N.” Loki said, tightening the grip on your hand and cupping your face with the other. The woman saw some screens, testing some stuff and then looked at you. “what happened?” you said in the weakest voice. “well, this has to be some miracle. Your heart had stopped beating for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. While your heart stopped, we noticed a few movements made by your fingers. Your friends immediately brought you here, just in the right time. You somehow began to improve, but your heartbeats were low. You’ve been here for 14 days now. And by looking over your progress, you're good to be discharged.” She said smiling. Your eyes were wide, still not able to process what you heard.

“I … died?”

“Yeah… Maybe. Anyways, when you feel strong enough to move, you can leave. I’ll notify your other friends. Until then, you can rest.” She said and walked away. you looked at Loki, who looked relaxed after what the woman said. “Loki did I… did I really die?” Loki smiled weakly, and brushed his fingers through your hair.

“Darling, that explanation what she gave is something I’d refer to as Midgardian. The real reason wasn’t this. When you fell unconscious, I examined you, and surprisingly, your powers were back in you. But only forty percent. And because of the sudden pressure, your body couldn’t handle the power flowing. So, it had to rest. You can say your body was resting and trying to adjust.” He said and you were confused.

“ I still don't understand what's happening. My powers were gone, I don't know where. Then they just come back, and I don't know from where. Some cloaked figure shows up and I die?” you started to panic. “wait did you- did you say a cloak figure?” Loki asked, with his eyebrows furrowed. “Yeah! I went in my room and the lights went off. Some cloaked figure showed up and then raised me in the air or something. Then the rest of my powers started to flow towards that figure. I felt myself draining. So I fought back to get my powers back. Then my head started to hurt and I don't know what happened next.” You said and Loki’s face went pale. The doors burst open and everyone ran towards you.

“OH my god Y/N!” Tony said and hugged you. You could barely move your hand due to the weakness. “Y/N oh my god you're fine.” Nat sat and ran towards the other side of yours and kissed your forehead. You gave everyone a weak smile. Tony pulled away and his eyes began examining your face, biting his lips trying to hold up his tears. “how did all this happen?” Bruce asked and read the readings on some screens. “I – I don't know… I just felt weak and dizzy…” you lied, obviously not telling everyone what happened. You didn’t want them to worry over you for firstly not having your powers, then suddenly having your powers. Everyone sat around and honestly, you missed hearing from everyone. Loki never left your hand. You tried to hold onto him, but sometimes your grip loosened, making him to tighten his own.

After a few hours, you were finally ready to leave. “I can’t believe I've been here for freaking two weeks.” You exclaimed, not sure how to react on that fact. “you're alive and fine. That’s what matters.” Steve said and side hugged you. “where’s Thor?” Thor wasn’t around or wasn’t seen the moment you woke up. “He's in Asgard. You're coming with us. For a few days.” Loki said and everyone turned their heads towards him. “why should she go to Asgard? And who’s ‘us’?” Tony asked, annoyed. “ ‘Us’ is me and Thor. Our mother, wanted to meet
Y/N, so that she can see her fairly better than all these Midgardian healers. So she's coming with us. And we’re leaving. Tomorrow.” Loki said firmly, leaving no space for arguments. You stared at him for explanation, and he expertly ignored. You reached the tower and Steve helps you to your room. “you still need to rest. We’ll get you food here. if you need anything, just give us a ring.” Steve said and you thanked him. you tried to move your legs, to be able to walk but nope.

“where’s Y/N?” you heard a loud noise in the corridor.

oh of course its Thor.

And you were right. Thor burst open the door and ran towards you, giving you the biggest hug he could. “Y/N you almost had me dead too.” He said and you giggled. He sat down beside you, looking so much happier. “you had no idea how I managed to pass the weeks without you. It was tough.” Thor said and you smiled, feeling important. “well, I guess I can say that I just slept for two weeks or less.” “that sort of sleep isn’t accepted, Y/N. I was scared to death.” You laughed at how incredibly adorable he could get. “oh really? The Mighty Thor got scared? I'm glad I scared you.” You said and he just rolled his eyes. Silence filled the room for a few minutes. “how was Loki…?” you asked, looking down at the floor.

“He was half dead, I think I can put it that way. Not physically. But when we got to know that your heart stopped, the worst reaction was of Loki. He went pale, so pale that his nerves were visible. But he tried to hide his emotions, just so nobody suspects anything. When you started to progress, he's stay up all night with you, whisper things to you, and when everyone left except me, he’d cry. A lot. He didn’t sleep. He was by your side the whole time. I tried to convince him to sleep for at least a day but nope. He was terrible.” Thor finished and you felt bad.

“Oh no. where is he now?” you asked while Thor was getting something out of his bag. He handed you a box of food. “he's in his room. I had been to Asgard and mother gave me a potion, which would put Loki to sleep. So he's now sleeping. Now, feed yourself. Its already late. Then get some sleep, even if its still afternoon. You need energy for tomorrow. You're coming to Asgard. No questions.”  Thor said and you began to eat. “drink this after you're done.” He handed you a glass of some blue liquid and you looked at him confused. He smiled and walked away. you ate in silence and took the glass.

Mhmm it smells like blueberries. Okay I trust Thor.

You took a deep breath before drinking it. You felt your eyelids getting heavy.

'Okay I take it back, I don't trust Thor.’

And again, you slept.

You woke up to your door being opened. The sky looked dark, and you were covered in blankets. The door slowly opened and someone walked in. “Y/N…?” you recognized who it was, it was too obvious. He walked in further until the moonlight hit his angelic and oh so perfect face. “Loki…” you slowly whispered and motioned him to come over. He climbed on your bed and you hugged him, laying your head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around you and played with your hair. “did you get enough sleep?” you asked, looking up at him. “Darling, I was never sleepless. If you're mentioning about the past few days, then you're more important to me than my sleep.” He said and kissed your forehead. “but you should’ve rested. I didn’t want you to be trou-” you were interrupted by him placing a hand over your mouth.

“I told you, you're my priority. Now no more questions.” There was no fighting back. Loki was Loki. you snuggled into him as he pulled you closer. He felt cold and warm at the same time, and it was relaxing. You pulled the sheets over the both of you, closing your eyes.

“I love you Loki.”

“I love you too, my princess.”