Chapter 30

“WHAT WAS HAPPENING HERE?” Tony said, his palm up and armed. “Tony, put that away” you said backing up. Loki was still on the floor. He looked up and stood immediately.

“Loki, what.were.you.doing?” Tony said, with his jaws clenched. “I uh… I was speaking…” Loki said and raised his hands. “Tony, you put that away, or I'm going to harm myself.” You said and put you hand in the back, standing in front of Loki.

/Loki give me a dagger. Quick./

He handed you a dagger slowly and you placed it on your wrist. Tony hesitated before putting his hand down. He took a deep breath and ran towards Loki, tussling him to the ground by his neck. “Tony let go!” you said pulling him away from Loki. “Why were you inches apart from Y/N? What were you trying to do?” Tony said, tightening his grip on Loki’s neck. You couldn’t pull his hand away. He was too strong. The elevator doors opened and you looked in the direction to find Steve, Thor, Nat and Bruce come back. Steve noticed and dropped his bags, running towards the three of you. “Tony what’re you doing?” Steve said and tried to pull Tony off Loki. “leave me Steve.” Tony said and Loki was now running out of breath. His chokes got dryer. Thor ran towards everyone. “Loki!” he said and pulled Tony easily off Loki. You ran towards a breathless, almost dead Loki, and helped him sit. Nat came running towards Loki with water and Bruce was just… confused.

“What is happening here?” Steve asked Tony, who was flaring with anger. “LOKI TRIED KISSING Y/N!” Tony said and Thor immediately looked at you with his eyebrows furrowed. “LIAR!” you said and stood. “Y/N. explain.” Steve said all confused.

“I was doing my assignments, as you can visibly see. Loki was laying upside down and we were talking. I told him that this position isn’t nice as the blood rushes to your brain, and effects your vision. Then, since his hair was dangling, I decided to put it up in a ponytail, just for fun. But then Tony walked in with his hand armed. He wouldn’t even LET ME EXPLAIN.” You lied, again, and you could feel Loki smirk.

/oh wow I didn’t know you could lie so well./

/shut up Loki. Half of it is true./

Steve sighed, and Tony cooled a little too. “yeah but he was so close!” Tony said and Steve pulled him away with himself. “well, is all of that true?” Nat asked, raising an eyebrow. “every word of it is.” You said, trying to sound confident. “it better be. Because if it isn’t, Tony will get really mad.” She said and walked away. “Loki you need to have control over yourself.” Thor said and helped Loki stand. “Thor! Everything she said is true! I didn’t kiss her.” Loki said and Thor nodded, walking away. “we almost got ourselves killed” You said and Loki nodded. “I have controlled myself enough for one year. I cant. Its just, you’re so…” Loki said and bit his lower lip.

“…irresistible.”

He completed and you rolled you eyes. His words meant no lust. You had something telling you to talk to Tony. But you were scared. You debated with yourself, while packing up your books and materials. You took a deep breath, and decided to go to Tony. You walked up the elevator and waited for it to open. You pressed the floor button and paced within the four walls, calming yourself down. The doors opened and you walked towards his room. You stood there for a while before knocking.

“Come in a bit later? I'm kinda busy.” You heard Tony shout from a distance. Turning the door lock open, you entered and saw him turned towards a wall and fixing something. “Potts if it’s you, can you please get me my tool box from the workshop?” he said and you cleared your throat. “yeah well I see you're sick. You could’ve taken a leave.” He said and you rolled your eyes. He stopped what he was doing and turned around to find you standing. All you did was smile and wave. His expression turned to anger and he looked away. You slowly walked up to him and sat beside him.

“Hello, Tony.” You said nervously. No reply.

“Tony, isn’t that your name?” you said, trying to look at him, but he refused.

“hey Tony loo-”

“what do you want?” he was pissed.

“I want you, to listen.”

“I have no time. I'm busy.” He turned away and started again. You stood and knelt in front of him.

“Tony, don't turn me away. You know you love me too, and you cant stay mad at me for long. You told it yourself.” You said, holding his hands. He pulled away and glared.

“I am not mad, I'm pissed off.”

“Because of me and Loki? Tony you need to start trusting me. I’d never do something against your word. Think about it yourself. Why would I?” you spoke, almost choking at every word. It hurt lying to him.

“I don't doubt you, Y/N. I doubt Loki. And even if everyone trusts him, or is friendly, I cant. I don't trust him. At all. Ever since the attack, him and his army have been in my nightmares. I cant trust him, and I won’t. Especially with you. I want you to be safe. I took the responsibility. Who knows, maybe if he gets back under control and tries to kill you? I cant let that happen to you. I cant see you suffer. I can’t bear if there's even a small scratch on you.” Tony said, and you felt your heart drop.

He truly cares for me. and I'm here, lying to him.’

You stood up and hugged him. “I know Tony, I know. And don't worry, I can sense if Loki is being under control, through my powers.” Again, you lied. About two things. First, you could never sense such a caution. Second, you didn’t have your powers anymore, just very little amount, with which you can do nothing. Tony sighed and stood up. “I trust you Y/N. and I know you wont betray me.” his words were now hitting like knives being stabbed in your heart. You smiled and squeezed his hands gently. “now, if you excuse me, I've got some shit going on.” Tony said, pointing at whatever he was doing. You nodded and walked away.

You went back to the living area, and saw Loki on the couch, reading a book. As soon as you entered, he looked at you, worry spread all over his face. You paced towards your bag and took it. “Y/N what happened? Wha-” Loki said getting up.

“Loki, I need some time to myself. Please?” You said and kissed his cheek walking towards your room. You locked the door and threw the bag at the wall. You felt really bad. You didn’t want to betray Tony. He had such hopes in his eyes while he spoke. But you also didn’t want to lose Loki. He was your love, he meant everything to you. You just sat in the corner, knees up to your chest, and head in hands, thinking. You sat that way for a couple of minutes before getting up and laying on the bed. Your mind flooded with thought. Suddenly, you could feel your hands warm up.

They were glowing.

Dimly, but they were glowing. And this glow felt different.

The light of your room went off. From the corner of your eyes, you saw a cloaked figure. Well, it looked cloaked. That figure had the same glow around as your hands. You moved back, holding your hands close to yourself. The figure raised one hand, and you felt being dragged. Your powers were being drained out and into that figure.

no no no I can’t let this happen.’

You were falling weak, but you got up and fought back. With whatever powers you were left with, you tried to pull the strength towards yourself. Then, a sharp pain was felt in your chest, and your ears started to ring. You screamed. As loud as possible. Only to hope for someone to come and help. You were screaming so loudly, that you felt your throat would rip apart. The door was broken and Loki walked in.

“Y/N! are you okay?” he ran towards you and held you close, while you fell weak on the floor. “Y/N wake up.” Thor said and knelt near you. “Bruce! Call the ambulance.” Steve shouted and your vision started to blur out.

“no no no Y/N stay with me.” Loki said and rubbed your shoulder.

Your eyes felt weak and you gave up, closing your eyes.