Chapter 2

Hello, Daughter.

I am your mother, writing this letter. It is a serious emergency for which I want you to come to New York as soon as possible. There's a ticket inside the envelope and the flight is of date 17th June. I will explain you everything after you reach here. Don’t be scared or confused. Just do as I say. And you need not tell anyone about it. Yes, I'm asking you to sneak out of wherever you are. The people you're living with are not as what they seem to be. I just need you to be safe darling.
Love you lots
-Mom

I tried to process everything in my brain. It was a lot to take in. I took the ticket and saw the details. Today was 14th of June. So, I had 3 more days. I really didn’t want to believe that it was actually my mom who wrote it, anybody could do that. But I was too overwhelmed to even overthink.

I stared at the picture and realized it was my family, my actual family, and maybe one of the kids was me… I couldn’t tell which one because both looked identical. I then looked around my room… nothing much to pack, I guess. I couldn’t sleep that night either and I had stupid college tomorrow. I reread the letter many times just to soak my cheeks more. I finally slept.

Next thing I opened my eyes to was my ‘mom’ waking me up.

“Oh Y/N I thought you passed out.” She said with an angry tone. She gave me, well actually threw on me some clothes to wear. “Get dressed soon I’ll be waiting downstairs.” I saw it was a formal dress and it was kinda pretty.

I soon woke up, did my business, got dressed and took the envelope and hid it under my books. I went downstairs to find my ‘mom’ waiting for me.

I took my backpack, didn’t even have breakfast because who cares about me here anyways? She dropped me to college and I went in. I didn’t feel like attending any of the classes today.

I sat down in my place and just thought of a plan of how am I going to sneak out. I felt the cold breeze hitting my skin and I rubbed my hands together, closing my eyes.

A few moments later, I heard everyone gasping at something. I opened my eyes to find my hands… Glowing? They were glowing golden. I ran outside the room just to crash into a person so damn hard that we both fell hitting the ground way too hard.

“ow…” I said and got up.

“Y/N! oh my gosh I was searching for you! Where were you?” Darcy asked me.

“Darcy! I was searching for you too! I need to tell you something important RIGHT NOW!” I said and pulled her to an empty classroom. I explained her everything, about how I got the letter, the ticket and sneaking.

“So, you want me to help you to sneak out? GREAT I'm in!” she said with excitement and joy.

“...but what if your ‘parents’ showed up to me asking about you?” she asked with fear in her voice.

“that’s where the other ticket comes in! there are two tickets you silly. We both are going there. I’ll write a note to your parents and you can stick it in your room the night we go. Done?” 

“Done.” she said and we decided out the plan.