Chapter 23

You dressed up in a formal dress. You let your hair open and did a little bit of makeup. You walked out and down the floor. Everyone were playing something. “ooo looks like someone is off on a date.” Clint said and everyone turned towards you. “Wow Y/N. I thought you said you weren’t ready for such stuff.” Nat said making you roll your eyes. “its not a date guys. Its just a formal meet up.”

“With a guy? Agent H? then it’s a date.” Tony said and you shook your head, and walked away. “GOODLUCK!” everyone said together, making you giggle. The Central Park wasn’t far from the tower, so you decided to walk instead of taking a cab. You reached the destination and took out your phone.

I'm here. where are you?

Right behind you.

You turned around to see Agent H smiling at you, dressed in a tuxedo. You got driven away when H snapped his fingers in front of you. “Y/N, are you here?”

“oh wow you know my name.”

“of course I do. Who doesn’t?” you shook you head and chuckled. “well, you seemed to drift away in some deep thought, mhmm?” H asked as you both walked. “Well, I was just enjoying the view that was in front of me.” you said, sounding bold, and making him blush. “well, I can enjoy my view for the rest of the night.” He said and you laughed. “sure, why not.” You said, taking a deep breath of the cold breeze. “Well, I’m Hayden.” He said and you nodded. “a perfect name for a perfect man.” You said and winked. “oh thank you so much, dear.” He said and dramatically bowed.

“its my pleasure.” You said and bowed too. He took you to an Italian restaurant. “oh gosh I love Italian cuisine.” You squealed, sitting in the restaurant. “I'm glad you're happy.” He said. You both talked throughout your dinner, sharing your interests, experiences, and much more. After the dinner was over, Hayden took you to a fair, where you both played many games, rides, and had fun. He won an archery game and got a teddy, which he gave you as a gift. Later, you both walked to a small park, where it was all lonely. No one seemed to be there. You both sat down on a bench, staring at the sky.

“the sky seems much clearer today.” You said as you stared at the beautiful stars that made many patterns. “yeah, tonight was fun.” Hayden said, his fingers brushing yours slightly. “indeed it was.” You sensed his touch and intertwined your fingers with his. You let out a sigh and closed your eyes.

“Y/N did you bring the device I gave you?”

“no, why?”

“well, next time when you come to M.I.B, which you will soon, don't forget to bring it. Actually, its not a teleporting stuff. Its just, if I ever like lost you in the fair, I could find you easily, it was a tracker.”

“oh, I see. But I didn’t get lost, did I?”

“nope, thankfully.”

“what's the time?”

“fifteen past twelve.”

“oh shit. I'm so dead.” You said and got up.

“what's wrong?”

“I was supposed to be back by 10.” You said and took straightened your dress. “oh okay. It was fun with you tonight. Thank you. Hopefully we’ll see each other again.” Hayden said and you smiled. “thank you to you too, and yeah, hopefully. See ya.” You said and walked in some direction where Hayden wouldn’t see you. You waited until he was a bit far and teleported back to the tower. The lights were off. Of course, everyone was asleep. Thank goodness.

“Y/N.”

Shit.
You slowly turned around to see who it was. It was dark so you couldn’t figure out who it was, until the person walked closer and the moonlight hit their face. It was Loki.

“Loki…” you whispered.

“where were you?” he asked with a serious expression.

“I was hanging out with a friend. Why?” you asked raising an eyebrow.

“you're really bad at lying Y/N, you know.” He said, still being serious.

“Why do you care?” you snapped at him and started to walk away. But you couldn’t move.

“Loki remove your spell I'm not here to play games.”

“not until you answer me.”

“what do you want me to say? You can read my thoughts, right? Then why don't you?”

“I want to hear it from your mouth, and I'm not planning to read your thoughts anymore.”

“Fine. I was on a date.”

“with?”

“Hayden.”

“and who’s that?”

“Agent H”

He took a deep breath before speaking. “why”

“It’s my wish.”

“Why him?”

“why do you care, just leave me to myself. I’ll go on a date with whoever I wish to go with. Nobody else decides that.” You said and Loki started to walk backwards, nodding his head slowly. Then he just disappeared. You sighed and walked back to your room. You changed into your pyjamas and let the night pass by.