Chapter 27

You were somewhere, darkness surrounding you. It was icy and cold. Everything seemed frozen there. You walked around, not sure what else to do. Suddenly, the ice began to melt.

The scene changed into a hall, a big hall. There were two huge doors that opened, letting you in. you walked looking around. Then you saw a lady. She had beautiful gold hair with white streaks. She turned around and you were amazed by how bright and crystalline her blue eyes were.

But she held many emotions in her eyes; anger, revenge, loss, passion, hatred. But the dominating was broken. You walked up to her and she looked at you with all the emotions.

“You… you're a… you're a betrayer.”

She said, grabbing you by your neck. You couldn’t say a word; you were breathless. Her grip was strong. Then you felt something sharp in your stomach; a sword.

You woke up, breathless.

Dream, again.

You looked around, not remembering what happened last night. You blinked a few times before having a clear image of the surroundings. you checked the time; half past four. You turned to the other side and hit something. Well, it felt more like, someone. You looked up and it was Loki; shirtless. His arms were snaked around your waist.

oh gosh what happened last night?’

You looked under the blanket to find yourself dressed. Oh thank god. You took a moment to admire Loki. He looked so calm, so peaceful. Like his beautiful perfect face, he had a beautiful, perfect body. You traced your fingers down his chest line. Oh sure, you were growing feelings for him as more than a best friend. You were lost in your own fantasy land. His face was just too pretty to exist. Perfect cheekbones, perfect nose, breathtaking eyes, cute smile, flawless skin, kissable lips, and the list goes on. Loki was probably awake because you sensed him smirk.

“I suppose you're enjoying what you see.” He whispered. Oh, his raspy, sleepy voice was enough to get anyone on.

“Maybe. Maybe not.” You said mocking him. He opened his eyes and raised an eyebrow.

“why not?” he asked, looking into your own eyes. Your faces were inches apart. Moonlight falling on him, making his eyes glossy, all this looked so much like a fairy tale. He really was a Disney prince in real life. “why aren’t you wearing a shirt?” Loki just laughed.

“Well, I sleep without my garments on. But I am still wearing my lower garments just to not make anything… weird” he said and you looked down to find him wearing some jeans. “mhmm.” You said and closed your eyes. “how're you feeling?” Loki asked while playing with your hair. “I feel just fine. Wait… why are you in my bed.” You said immediately realizing what was actually happening.

“woah Y/N calm yourself down. Well yesterday, your fever was on an alarming range. I noticed when I placed my hand on your forehead, you felt relaxed. Maybe it was because of the coldness of them. I left after you fell asleep, but then you started to weep a little. Your fever rose again. So I just held you close enough to my body, thinking maybe you’ll cool off. And not surprisingly, you did. Most likely, I might’ve fallen asleep here.” he said and was getting out of the bed. You didn’t want him to leave, obviously. “hey Loki.” You said grabbing his hand. “Stay. Please.” You said and Loki smiled, climbing back in the bed. You scooted close to him and he wrapped his arms around you.

This is something that couples do but who cares?

“Yeah, who cares.” Loki said and you shot a glare at him. “I'm sorry! You think too loudly, not my fault.” Loki protested laughing.

---*---

Months passed by and you were already tired of everything. Tony wouldn’t let you go out until you finished your homework, which took hours. So you hadn’t went out of the tower at all. The team had occasionally left for missions, some long, some short. The best part about homework was Thor. He was too fun to study with. You had chosen Mythology as your optional subject, and Thor would say all the text in so much detail. You grew stronger and stronger feelings for Loki every day. You had the gut to confess them, but a part of you said he doesn’t see you that way. You were wandering in the tower, while the team was off on a mission. Loki had gone somewhere too, to get some stuff. He’s been going out a lot since last few weeks. It was your birthday tomorrow. You fixed yourself some coke and a bag of chips, and flopped on the couch, watching Netflix.

Does anyone even know its my birthday tomorrow? Oh, how I wish to be with Darcy for my birthday.’

You started to think, and think, and think. ‘obviously no one knew my birthday. I mean, it’s been only almost a year since I lived here. and I never shared my birthdate with anyone.’

You sighed, walking back to the kitchen to fine something else to eat. “Y/N are you there?” someone shouted from the dining room. “I'm in the kitchen!” you replied, you eyes glued to the refrigerator. “hey there.” You turned around and Loki was standing by the doorframe. “hello there. Done with your ‘shopping’, sir?” you said and took some fruits and washed them. “Yeah. Well, almost.” He said and sat on a chair. You tossed him an apple and got yourself some grapes and a banana. “mhmm. What’re you buying anyways? You didn’t tell me about it.” You said, munching into your treat.

“well, its just some essentials. Some stuff I needed. And also, I’ll be going back to visit Asgard soon. I thought I’d take something for my mother. Asgard has everything better but still.” He said and stood up, walking away. “where are you going?”

“my room...?”
Loki has been spending the whole day in his room a lot lately. You both barely spoke, other than the rides to and fro the college. He’d spend his night staying awake. He also casted the same spell for you to keep away from teleporting in his room. Footsteps were heard, followed by Thor’s loud laugh. They're back. “Y/N! its so good to see you!” Thor said and embraced you into a tight hug. “good to have you all back. How was it?”

“it was tough. But as always, we take the lead.” Thor said and took Frosted Flakes, starting to eat them, without milk. “how was your day?” Tony asked sitting on the counter table and stealing the half eaten banana of yours. “it was boring. I was all alone and I had nothing to do.”

“alone? wasn’t Loki here?” Steve walked in asking. “no. He had went to buy some stuff.” You said and everyone walked to the games room. “lets play. I'm bored as well.” Nat said and you looked at her, she was already looking at you, and both of you smiled, knowing what to do next.

“I'm first!” you said and ran towards the 7D Laser game, that Tony had fixed in a few days ago. “NO! I'm playing it first! You lose anyways.” Nat said, grabbing your hand, trying to pull you back. “Doesn’t matter if I win or lose. I wanna play it.” You got rid of her and ran towards the booth. The day passed by, as any other day would. Everyone had fun playing, and you all ended up in a water fight. Dinner was over. It was time for bed. Loki was not seen outside his room since the time he left. There was something telling you that something was going to happen. Not sure if it was good or bad. You let go off the thought but it bothered you.

What could it be?