Chapter 28

Your phone rung, indicating it was 12am.

‘yay I'm finally 18!’

You slowly crept into the kitchen and took the cake you’ve been hiding. You ran back to your room and sat down, letting only the moonlight lighten up the room. ‘Happy Birthday to me.’ You blew the candle and just sat there. You smiled to yourself and ate the cake. You could hear footsteps, advancing towards your room. You quickly finished the cake and pulled the blankets over you, pretending to sleep. The door opened, and after a few minutes, closed. You peeked out of the blankets to find no one. Searching around the room, you found nothing. You sighed, and fell back asleep.

---*---

“Y/N, be safe okay? We’ll try to come back soon. It kinda looks serious though.” Steve said and you nodded, knowing they wont be back by night. There was some threat in the city, and being ‘heroes’ the tea had to leave. Loki wasn’t in his room, nor in the tower. Maybe he left again to go ‘shopping’ for his ‘essentials’. “good luck and be safe.” You said and hugged Steve. The team left and you just stood there. Like a pillar. Knowing nothing to do. You decided to go out, since you had your holidays from the college for 2 months. You took some money that you brought during your ‘trip’ with Darcy. You took the keys and went out. It was quite relaxing, feeling the fresh air hit your skin. You felt like a prisoner who has been relieved from the prison after 5 years. You were just walking past some shops, and your eyes caught a pet shop. Animals were something that melted your heart. You saw some from the outside before starting to walking in some direction.

“Y/N!” you heard someone yell your name and turned back. “Oh what a pleasure, Hayden.” You said and hugged him. “I haven’t seen you in months. where are you heading up to little miss?” he asked as you both started to walk. You’ve been texting Hayden lately and he had such a kind and charming personality. “oh I was just walking by. What about you?” you asked, pointing at the bags he was holding. “I was getting grocery. Hey, would you like to come to my apartment?” he asked and you didn’t know what to say. You anyways had nothing to do back in the tower. But you need to be there before the team. “Yeah sure. But I will have to leave early.” You said and he agreed.

Hayden drove you to his place, and it was quite far from the tower. It was an hour of a ride. You walked in and his apartment was big. Big enough to have a fun party at least. "You can sit here in the hall and I’ll be back after I put away the grocery.” He said and led you to the hall. You sat there for a few minutes, looking around the room. Hayden came back with two glasses of champagne. “you live by yourself?” you asked, sipping onto the glass. “no. me and my girlfriend do.”

“oh so you have a girlfriend?”

“yeah. Quite for a while, I guess 4 months.”

“oh wow.” You said and both of you spoke about some topics for a while. “Hayden, I think it’s getting late.” You said and glanced at the wall clock.

shit. Its 7pm.

“oh yeah right. Its 7. My gf will be back too. She’ll love you.” Hayden said and you got up. “I'm really sorry but I need to go. Everyone must be worried. Maybe someday later?” you said and he nodded. He drove you back to the tower and you thanked him. Since it was an hour drive, it was now 8. You used your weak magic to change into something like a part wear.

‘I can just say I was at a party.’ You thought and walked in. not a single sound.

no ones back yet. Not even Loki.

You went into the kitchen and suddenly, all the lights went off. “Jarvis? Jarvis?” You  searched for your phone and turned the flashlight on.

oh I'm such an idiot. How will Jarvis respond if there’s no electricity’