Chapter 45 - Close

For the next week, I spent most of my time doting on Jimin. He couldn't lift heavy things anymore, at least not with his bruised arm. He milked it for what he could, always smirking like a bitch whenever I moved something for him. He even asked me to get him a glass of water while he was watching a movie because it'd be too heavy. I dumped it on his head.

Even though he was being annoying, the pounding in my chest didn't change. Whenever he'd smile at me or laugh at something I said, it felt like my heart did flips. If any part of his body brushed mine, my face would erupt in flames. He kept ending up near me in the morning, sometimes touching, and I'd feel that weight keeping me still again. My eyes would find their way to him whenever he wasn't looking. Every little thing he did was attractive, and I was starting to get frustrated with myself. All of these urges made me think of the teenagers I'd read about, freaking out about this person who'd given them some attention. It had always pissed me off that they changed so much, basically falling over themselves. Yet here I am. Falling over myself. Over someone who'd given me some attention.

I balance a knife on the tip of my finger. It required most of my focus, but it couldn't take away that part that always thought about Jimin. His features that I'd memorized again and again were there when I closed my eyes. The man needed to get out of my head.

I tilt my hand and let the knife fall off. It clatters on the kitchen table, metal then handle, metal then handle, then it simply sways. I watch the knife spin slowly before it comes to a stop.

Jimin's voice calls my name from the other room.

Now I wonder if I should just stab him.

I get up and go over with a smile that loosely says 'I'm going to kill you'. "Yes?"

He leans over the back of the couch. "Want to watch a horror movie?"

"And why would I want to do that?"

"Because," he says, flashing a smile. "I'm injured."

Despite my constant concern for his well being, I was seriously considering destroying him.

"If you're well enough to watch a horror movie, why don't you, I don't know, get off your ass." I go over and lean on the couch, resting my chin on my hand. As much as I hated it and wanted to act pompous, my heart still pounded from being so close. "Maybe go grocery shopping? Since you're so healthy now."

He reaches up and puts a hand in his hair. "Well, the scab's gone. Let's go."

After his huge lecture about me being stupid for going out... That's his answer?

"I'm supposed to stay here for everything except missions," I counter.

He stands up, graceful as a predator cat. "Then, we'll count this as a mission. It's very dangerous for you, after all."

"Yeah, but it's..." I pause, looking at his devilish smile. "It's dangerous for you."

"Then you'll just need a makeover."

~~~~~

"You're never allowed to dress me again."

He'd decked me out skinny jeans tight enough that they were basically skin, boots that made me a half-head taller than him, a baggy sweatshirt, a wig, a bucket hat, glasses, and a mask. The pants were so tight that my walking was restricted. I could feel the tension when I took steps. The outfit was entirely black except for the occasional white stripe on the sweatshirt. Even the night sky had less black in it. I had so much going on that I wasn't even sure what part of me was visible.