Chapter 21 - Calm After the Storm

Jin picked us up a few blocks away from the burning building. My heart was still pounding from the rush of setting something so large on fire and then running away. I could feel a wild smile on my face despite what was burning inside the building. Those weren't a worry, they were dead. Jimin's face seemed to mirror mine, childish excitement exploding all over it. It felt so good to actually destroy something with something so magnificent.

"From the looks on your guys' faces, it went well?" Jin asked, looking at us with the back mirror.

"Fantastic," Jimin replied.

"Boom," I giggled.

Jimin laughed with me. We were very proud of that handiwork and the fact we managed to save our weapons. We both had our big guns, his shotgun and my rifle. I found Taehyung's pistol next to the guy who'd forced me to drop it in the first place. My gifted knife was safely in its sheath, though admittedly covered in blood. Jimin still had his pistol that he'd used too. We were pretty happy. Two people. Hundreds of men.

And we won.

As Jin took a roundabout way back to the restaurant, though, exhaustion began to kick in. My arms got heavier and heavier by the moment, and I began slumping in my chair. It slowly came, but I smelled heavily of blood, corpses, and smoke. I made a sound of discomfort at that. The tight clothes really just felt like they were constricting my breathing. In the next few moments, despite hearing some questions at me, my eyes slid closed.

~~~~~

When I woke up, I was lying on the couch. A pillow was under my head and my shoes had been pulled off, but those were the only things. I still smelled like a burning morgue, I was still in tight clothes, and I felt sore all over. I groaned as I sat up, my arms shaking from exertion.

"Ah, sleeping beauty's awake now?"

I look up and see Yoongi. His hair was still damp from a shower. He looked much better than I felt, his mint hair looking like a water fairy's, his pale skin flush with the heat of a shower, and, most importantly, clean clothes. I probably looked like I'd been picked out of the trash after being attacked by three dozen rats.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask, moving to rub my eyes.

His hand quickly clasps mine and pushes mine down. "You're hands are still filthy. It took you long enough that even Jimin got in the shower, and he's the biggest procrastinator I know."

"Besides you?"

He clicks his tongue. "The disrespect."

I laugh lightly as I stand up. "I get it, I get it. I'll hurry up. Is Jin making dinner?"

Yoongi glances in the kitchen. "I believe he's ranting to Namjoon at the amount of sutures he had to use."

My head tilts in confusion.

"Jimin was covered in cuts. I had quite a few myself. Kook was mostly fine, but his grip on his knife slipped a couple of times. Taehyung is currently lecturing him in his room."

Bet that's not all he's doing.

"I'm gonna go take that shower now," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. Well, I attempted to. It was so tangled and matted from blood that I couldn't get my fingers through it. "I clearly need it."

Yoongi chuckles before walking away to his room.

~~~~~

After my shower, I made sure I had enough time to run an errand. I couldn't tell anyone exactly where I was going because of what it might give away, so I just gave them the address and made them promise not to search it up. I brought a gun under my shirt because, unlike last time, I was actually a little frightened. My instincts were on the highest alert that I was even started by an alley cat going through some trash. I finally reach the weapons store, a smile on my face.