Chapter 40 - Should've Knocked

Normalcy returned that night, and I couldn't complain. It annoyed the shit out of me that I couldn't even sleep without hearing his breathing next to me. I began testing the theory, trying to sneak out every few nights. Every time, without fail, he woke up and told me off for trying to sneak out. Of course, that'd lead to us physically fighting, me pinning him to the ground, then getting back in bed to sleep. I couldn't forget it, though, the way his hand had pulled me closer. I still didn't know what I'd wanted to happen. I'd been drilling it over and over in my head, but I couldn't figure it out. Even when I went to sleep, it was on my eyelids.

~~~~~

I finish slurping my ramen, then I put my bowl down. There was a recon mission going on, so Namjoon had let it pass for only two to go. Jungkook and Taehyung had volunteered, and they were out right now. They decided to pretend to apply at Chae's company to see what he'd say under false pretenses. They'd left a couple hours before, but no one was concerned. As much as his men wanted us, he didn't know their faces or voices. He only knew mine, which is why I was now forbidden from leaving the house. They let me out occasionally for night strolls or dawn walks, but those were far and few.

I set my chopsticks down and yawn. I kind of wanted to watch a movie, but I still hadn't figured out how to change the TV from channels to DVD player. I had no idea where Jimin was at that moment, so I just sighed.

I go upstairs, peeking my head into the suit shop. Jin was crouched over one, stitching it together. He looked very focused, and part of me would feel bad if I disturbed him. Still, I'm bored out of my mind. I want my movie.

"Jin."

He jumps up, and he barely kept from stabbing himself. "Fuck! Yes? What?"

I smile. "Can you set up a movie for me? One of the next ones on Jungkook's list?"

His eyebrows go up and he smiles, but I can tell from the glow in his eyes that he was annoyed by that. "You want me to put in a movie for you. That's why you scared the shit out of me." He sets the needle down. "Sure. I got it. If you do that again, though, I'm going to stab you."

"Thank you," I hum.

He comes down the stairs after me, rubbing his eyes. He looked a bit tired, but he didn't seem bothered by it. He sets to putting the movie in, changing the TV setting, starting up the player, and hitting play. He even stayed to set up the subtitles.

"You can hit play and pause, right?"

I nod and take the remote. "Thanks. I won't bother you again."

He smiles softly before rustling my hair. "Whatever. You youngsters..." He goes back upstairs with a wave.

I settle into watching the movie. Scenes begin playing, a guy steps out of a portal, he's got a devil smile and a green suit, and he's set on world domination. Naturally, a ragtag team comes together because that's, apparently, an American staple, and they go to fight the green suit guy. It was some impressive stuff, and I began to understand why Jungkook loved them so much. I was getting to the good part when I got hit with the worst urge to go to the bathroom. I wanted to finish it, but I just had to. I get up and head to the bathroom in my shared room. I open the door, trying to go fast, but I stop when steam hits my face.

And holy shit.

Jimin's wide eyes stare back at me, his towel ruffling his hair. His lips were parted in utter shock. Everything was on display, from the beautiful black strands to the tips of his toes. I finally saw where that v-line pointed to, and my brain seemed to stop functioning. I couldn't help but stare. That comment he made about which member he was? On point. A hundred percent. He was so proportionate, well cut, and so well endowed. He was so perfect from his head to his toes. I'd seen him shirtless so many times, but I still couldn't get over the curvature of his muscles. They were so solid and amazing and I wanted to drag my hands up and down them. His legs were even better, deep lines of tone going from his hips to his ankles. His thighs were so thick and the way his calves were shaped. But that thing between his legs was justㅡgood sized. Well sized. Huge sized. Large. Big. Gigantic.