Chapter 33 - Recovering, Training, and Waiting

The next week consisted entirely of training for the three who needed it. Multiple late nights and early mornings started to ingrain the moves into their bodies. They had a long way to go before getting to any of the dangerous levels, but they were better than Chae's men. I even snuck up on Namjoon to see what he'd do, and he elbowed me in the face. My nose made a sound and my eyes watered, then it bled a little. He apologized as much as he could, but I waved him off. Jimin laughed when he passed the scene, so I threw chopsticks at him. I silently damned my knee for still being weak, since it limited my speed to an unstable walk. It got better as the days passed, so I was walking by the fifth.

Yoongi and I would practice knife skills while sitting down, and I'd show him how the technique to control whether the hilt or blade implanted in someone. There were a lot of marks left on the wall of the kitchen to which Jin yelled at us for. It was entirely Yoongi, though, so I didn't get why I was getting yelled at. Taehyung doted on Jungkook as much as he could. He'd feed him, help him dress, and also held a flashlight so the younger could shower in the dark. It was cute to watch, even when Jungkook would get annoyed. I would catch Namjoon and Jin practicing their fighting skills early in the morning. Hoseok would sometimes join them, though he would take naps after because of how early it was. Jimin would mostly bitch at the TV, prattling on about different shows or what the news was playing.

We shared the bed now, because it was annoying that he kept whining about waking up on the floor. I made damn sure to kick him if he got close, though. He talked in his sleep a lot, so I covered him with a pillow. It didn't happen every night, but it was pretty frequent. Most of the time, he'd end up jolting awake and would smack me. Other times, I pretended to be asleep as he'd sit on the side of the bed, his head in his hands. He was so vulnerable every time I saw him like that, so I couldn't bring myself to say anything. He really seemed to be hurting the most out of everyone. Something was digging at him every time he fell asleep.

I just wish I knew what it was.

~~~~~

I lounged across the couch as Namjoon, Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi got ready for a mission. It was about two in the morning, but everyone was alert. They were going to scramble the systems and steal information for a few of Chae's establishments. Namjoon was given a couple pistols, just in case. Everyone else was support, especially Taehyung. He was the long range man, and he'd be the one to signal if there was more movement than there should be inside the buildings. Jungkook wasn't allowed to be up this late, but I saw him stick his head out of his room and flash Taehyung a smile. Jimin was the personal guard for Namjoon, his brass knuckles situated on his hands. It made me a bit prideful that he liked them so much. Yoongi was going to be hidden like Taehyung, and he'd jump in if things went mildly wrong.

Namjoon fixes the gloves onto his hands with a sigh. "I hate gloves. They get in my way when I'm typing."

Taehyung checks his various bullet clips. "Can't do anything about it. We'd be damned if we left fingerprints of any kind."

Jimin flexes his hands around his weapon. "Are we almost ready? We only have a few hours to do this."

"Let's go," Yoongi hums, sliding his beanie on. It hid his mint hair well.

I waved at them as they walked up the stairs. "Be careful."

They all slipped on face masks before leaving out the back door. I rest my head against the armrest. A deep sigh left my lips. I really wanted to be out there with them instead of just waiting and waiting for hours. It was even more stressful than actually being in danger.

Jungkook slips out of his room. "Did they look well prepped?"

I look over at him. "Aren't you supposed to be resting? You're still messed up, young man."