Chapter 13 - Sparring

After the first job with Jimin, nothing really changed except that Jin was constantly gushing the story to everyone. Including Jimin and I. He seemed so into the fact that we'd worked well together, and he just couldn't get over the fact that I'd thrown a knife to save Jimin's life. He kept saying he was almost positive Jimin wouldn't return alive, which would result in him being chased around by Jimin. Yoongi also asked me if I'd show him how to control which end strikes people, because he still messed it up. I accepted, and it felt so good to be appreciated. I'd never known the feeling of what a 'thank you' could bring. I'd never even thought I would care. I never thought getting a pat on the back or a smile could actually make me so happy.

I stare at the email I was going to type. The Boss wanted updates weekly after I'd sent him one the first time. It was annoying, but now I was conflicted. Reporting had been so easy. It really had been. Why did it have to get so hard? It was even the last day of the week. I had to say something. I had to report something of importance.

But what?

I slam the computer closed. I put my face in my hands. It felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest. It reminded me of the first time I'd truly entered this life. The way my hands shook was exactly the same.

"(Y/N)? You awake?"

I almost screamed when I heard Jungkook's voice outside of the door.

"Ah, uh, yeah. Sorry, haven't been feeling well."

"Can I come in? Jin-hyung made lunch and wanted to make sure you ate."

"I, uh, one sec." I open the computer and quickly log out of the email. "Come on in."

He opens the door, flashing his bunny smile. He had a plate with some noodles on it. He brings it over to where I sat at my desk.

"Thank you, Jungkook."

His eyes slide to my computer. "What made you feel bad?"

I take the plate from him and set it down. I look at my computer, finding that my eyes went blank around it. I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to tell that sweet boy that I was communicating his demise with the very mafia boss he was trying to take down.

"Just lack of sleep. Shoulder's been bothering me."

His eyes train back to my face. "Oh, I hope that goes away soon. Jin-hyung said it's healing nicely."

Jimin barges into the room, not even bothering to knock. "Oy. Asshole."

That's me.

"I'm angry and you look like you need something to punch."

I felt my face contort in confusion. "Um, what?"

He waves his hand to beckon me to follow him. "Let's spar. You being tired will help you sleep."

I stutter at the stupidity he was showing. I didn't even know how to reply. My shoulder didn't actually ache anymore, so it would be good to move my body beyond straggling around the underground living space. Still, I'd literally just said my shoulder ached. I couldn't be an idiot.

"Hyung, his/her shoulder aches," Jungkook cuts in. "You can't spar."

Jin pops his head in. "Actually, it might help loosen the muscles there, and working up a sweat might be helpful to healing."

Was my room a party now?

I shake my head, waving my hands. "Woah. Hold on a minute. Don't I get a say?"

Yoongi passes by, carrying some supplies for upstairs. "Nope."

~~~~~