Chapter 32 - Changes

Jin ordered me to rest for a while after he'd finished wrapping my knee back up. When I tried to protest, he gave me the doctor's glare then left the room. It was hard to sleep with the shouting that went on outside, but being left in a dark room didn't leave many options. I ended up falling asleep at some point, and I woke up a while later. It didn't feel like much time had passed, but the shifting on the ground told me otherwise. I drag myself to the edge of the bed and catch a glimpse of Jimin sleeping. He looked uncomfortable with one leg hanging off the inflated mattress, the blanket bunched around his legs, and the pillow on the floor. I chuck a pillow and smack him square in the face.

He jolts awake. "What?! What?" He picks up the pillow before looking up. "You slept through dinner, idiot."

Good to know we're back to normal.

He kissed my neck.

Nope. That didn't happen.

"Just get up here. Stay on your side of the bed and I won't kick you off." I drag my body back over to my side. The pillow smelled faintly of vanilla from my hair.

I don't face him as he crawls into the bed. He shoves a pillow between ours.

"Are you hungry?" he asks quietly from the other side of the pillow wall.

"Not really." I stare at the ceiling. "Was Jungkook any better?"

"Jin-hyung didn't let any of us go see Kook after he told him to rest, so I don't know. Taehyungie didn't even get to see him." A shift of the covers. "You sure you're not hungry?"

"Shut up, asshole."

Growl.

Thank you, darkness, for hiding the red that now stretched up my face.

A sigh. "What do you want me to get you?"

"A knuckle sandwich."

"Already gave you that."

"How about your head on a platter?"

A scoff. "No. It'd be too difficult to behead myself then give it to you."

I paused for a moment before laughing. "What kind of reply is that? Your bark is less than your bite now."

He sits up and looks at me. I can see the outline of his messed hair and the shape of his eyes. The whites outline his brown iris, but the dark around us hid that quality that drew me in.

"Get your knee better. Then start picking fights."

I sit up, glaring at him. "I can beat you even without my leg."

He jabs my knee, and I make a sound as I smack him back. He falls off the bed with a loud thud and a small (dramatic), "Ow."

"You really are an asshole."

He stays on the floor. "Says the bigger asshole."

I swing my legs down, my feet settling on the ground. My knee didn't bend at all because of what Jin had done, but it worked for me. I stand up, feeling stronger than before. Guess that doctor does know what he's talking about.

I shift to hop to the kitchen, but it's hard to lift the straightened leg. I try to add pressure onto it, and it replies by sending pain shooting up my leg.

There's a shift of fabric as Jimin puts a shirt on. "Relax, I'll help you get to the kitchen. We don't have crutches, so don't even think about whining."

"Don't even think about whining," I mock. "Says the big whiner."

He puts my arm over his shoulder and slides a hand around my hips. I can feel where our bodies are pressed together, where his muscles are solid, where his hand rests on my wrist. The painstakingly obvious one is the hand on my hip. It's firm to keep me up, and it feels like flame is spreading across my body from that point. Warmth permeates through my body like steam in a room. It had never bothered me before, so why does every little touch affect me so much now? All I'd done was answer some questions. He's the one who did all the weird shit. Yeah. This is his fault.