Chapter 19 - The Shooting Range

Sitting and waiting the next day was absolute hell. I found myself pacing around the living room, chewing my thumb nail. Namjoon, Taehyung, and Hoseok had looked good this morning for their part, but I was still anxious. My heart was pounding in my chest. Each minute that went by made it pound harder.

Jimin watched me pace back and forth from the couch. "Can you sit down? You're giving me anxiety."

"Damn you bastards," I growl, still chewing my thumb nail. "If you hadn't been nice to me, I wouldn't care, and I wouldn't be so nervous. I'd have just killed you guys and been done."

He laughs. "Calm down. You're even worse than Kook, and he's been boxing since this morning."

No wonder he's worried, the person he cares most for is on a dangerous mission.

I stop pacing for a moment, but my fingers keep tapping on the side of my leg. Numbers kept counting in my head, going larger and larger with each tap. It felt like a bomb was ticking in my head.

"(Y/N)."

I didn't realize I'd been totally spacing out until my eyes refocused and Jimin was standing in front of me. My hands stop tapping and the clock stops ticking.

"What?"

"There you go," he says with a nod. "Focus. There's no way Yoongi-hyung is going to partner with either of us because he wants to protect Kookie as the youngest. That means we need a plan on how we're going to take out our building."

I sit down on the couch with a sigh. "I'm sorry. I just hate worrying. I never used to have to worry. If I died, I died. There wasn't anyone to miss me or anyone to come back to. If someone else died, it wasn't my problem. Now it is my problem. This was my plan. If they die from my plan…"

He sits down and snaps in front of my face. "Don't think that way. Namjoon-hyung and Hoseok-hyung may not be as deadly as Taehyung, but they're not useless. This isn't our first stealth mission."

"Can we just wing it tomorrow? Go in guns blazing?"

"Well, that would require I learn how to shoot properly."

I stand up despite just sitting down. "Then come here. It'll give me something to do with my energy."

"But I just sat down."

I lean down. "Then get your fatass up."

He huffs before standing up. "Happy?"

I was already walking towards the shooting range. I needed to do something. It really did upset me how much I cared about these seven guys even though I'd never cared for anyone before. They gave me a stupid amount of hope in this bleak world. I could leave with people to lean on. In this horrible world, I had a small bit of light. I just couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something would blow out the light.

I shove open the door to the range and grab a pistol cartridge. I start loading the bullets smoothly and quickly, my fingers moving like second nature. Jimin came in soon after, his footsteps nearly silent. I had finished the cartridge and slid it into the gun. I hold the gun out to him the moment he was next to me.

"You know how to hold it, right?"

He takes the gun and nods. He holds it up properly, the gun cupped in his hand while the other wrapped around it. He gets into a shooting position, and I could already see the problems with his stance.

"Did you watch a lot of action movies when you were young?"

He pauses, lowering the gun. "I did, yeah. Why?"