Chapter 34 - Shopping

I was able to walk properly in the next few days. It was amazing and I delivered a swift kick to Jimin's calf while sparring. It felt so good to knock him down, more than it probably should've. After everything I'd revealed to him, it felt really nice to have some normalcy. He tried to bite words at me, but they got returned with twice the force. The shouting started to echo in the living room until Yoongi came out of his room to tell us to shut up. The air was lighter as the practice continued. Jin had me sit down and do some knee exercises. It was funny to watch Namjoon flip tiny Jimin over his shoulder onto the mat.

"Oh, shut up," Jimin sighs, rubbing his shoulders. "You've been laughing every time we practice shoulder tosses."

I flex my knee and a loud pop goes into the room. "Of course. It's nice to see you get tossed around like a rag doll by someone other than me."

Taehyung laughs before he gets tossed by Hoseok. "Be a good sport, Jimin." He lies on the mat, still chuckling. "(Y/N) must've felt so lonely being the only one who could do it."

"You bet," I hum, laughing.

Namjoon wipes sweat from his brow. "I'm sure all of us will have had a chance to join the club before we finish sparring."

Everyone chuckles, even Jimin. I fold my pant leg down and smooth it down. Then I notice a rip in the bottom of the pant leg, probably because I'd stepped on it. A frown pulls at my lips since they weren't mine. We hadn't done any clothes runs since we'd gotten here, so I'd just been borrowing and borrowing and borrowing. I really need some clothes that are mine.

I sigh before standing up. "Jimin." I tilt my head to gesture coming with me, then I go into our room.

He brushes himself off before following obediently. He wipes sweat with the bottom of his shirt, his glistening abdomen coming into clear view.

"Hmm, kinda like a dog."

His lip curls up and he glares. "What do you even need?"

"Pants." I point at the rip. "I should repair these and give them back."

"Why?" he asks, brows furrowed a little. "They're just some pants."

"But they're your pants."

"You've never had an issue with it before." He looks mildly annoyed. "You can just call them yours."

"It's notㅡ" I stop and force myself to take a breath. "It's not that simple to just call them mine."

Not after how I grew up. Not after how I had to fight to have anything. Not after I finally owned things made with my money.

Jimin crosses his arms. "Why not?" He smirks. "Do you prefer them to be my clothes?"

I smack his head instantly. "As if. Wipe that shit-eating grin off your face." I exhale sharply. "I just don't have anything anymore. All my clothes burned when the restaurant went up, and I don't have anything else."

The smirk disappears now. "Hold on, what?"

"I don't have any clothes, it's not that big of a deal."

He shakes his head. "No, no, no, back up. You don't have anything else? Nothing precious to you?"

Precious... No. I've never had that concept before. I've had ownership, things that were mine, but nothing was irreplaceable. I had to constantly use and get rid of things. If clothes didn't serve their purpose, they were replaced. If guns locked up, they were replaced. If people fucked up...

They were replaced.

I shake my head. "It's really not that strange for someone like me."

He scratches his head, his lips to the side. He looked a little unhappy about that. I suppose it was a bit strange to him, considering the way he joined this life. Even the others, they all had things they'd risked their lives to save from the restaurant. Hoseok's face flashes across my mind, that expression he had as he looked at the picture from his pocket.