Chapter 35 - Back in the Swing

I was the only one who didn't get yelled at by Jin. He scolded me for totally ruining my dinner, but I was merely told to do knee exercises while everyone else stayed. I got to listen in as the others were screamed at since we went without him and didn't bring anything back. It was seriously amusing, and I could tell that everyone was trying hard not to laugh. Namjoon was smiling off on the side, Yoongi was flipping through TV channels with a smirk, and Hoseok was straight giggling. Even the ones being yelled at were having a hard time keeping a straight face. Jungkook was watching the tallest put groceries back in the cabinets, smiling as he barely paid attention to Jin. Taehyung was fiddling with the rings on his fingers. Jimin was straight ignoring the eldest, peeking his head around the doorway and watching TV with Yoongi. I couldn't even help but laugh at that.

When Jin finally finished his tirade, he told them to clean the kitchen from top to bottom. All of the scolded ones were suddenly paying a lot of attention, and they argued. Jin automatically played the eldest card, and they cleaned for the next few hours.

On the bright side, the kitchen looked pretty good after that.

~~~~~

"Please let me go?"

Jin looks unamused as I asked for the fifteenth time today if I can go on the next mission. I'd been pestering him for days, and I hadn't let up in the slightest. He always found a reason to escape me, but I trapped him in the kitchen this time. There was no escaping.

"Why do you want to go so badly?" he groans. "Your knee could get hurt again."

"I'm restless. Please? I'm even asking nicely."

He grumbles something under his breath about being stubborn. "Are you going to keep annoying me until I say yes?"

"Yep."

He sighs deeply. "Fine, fine, whatever. Just go. But someone must be next to you at all times. No more getting separated shit."

I smile and bow deeply. "Thanks!"

I practically leap back to my room to get ready. Everyone else was getting geared up in the living room, so they were all confused as I rushed past. I quickly got into some black jeans and slipped the leather jacket on. I was wearing one of Jimin's tank tops underneath, though I suppose it's mine now. He gave it to me and told me it was a gift, then he ran away before I could give it back. Plus it smelled like vanilla, which was part of my signature now. I pull my hair under a black cap that Yoongi had supplied. I come back to the living room, looking very different from before. I was ready for some action.

Jimin shakes his head. "You're too trigger happy, seriously."

"You like shooting that shotgun, don't deny it," I snap.

He glares at me, but it's weakened by the fact that he's literally loading the shotgun.

"Besides," I pick up a grenade, "I like these more."

Everyone makes a concerned face.

"Relax." I hook them to my belt loops. "I don't plan on using too many."

None of them look convinced.

~~~~~

I walk into the building first. I go up to the receptionist, a big smile on my face. He immediately draws his weapon.

"Stand down, (L/N)."

"No," I simply reply before chucking a grenade behind me. I duck down and slam myself against the desk, using it to brace for the force of the explosion. I cover my ears, waiting for the boom. I hear it, feel my body press against the desk, and squint as debris flies towards me.