Chapter 10 - Recovery

Jin took me to the medical bay after dinner. It had been a very high stress situation and he wanted to check how my body was holding up. Jimin came along because Jin also wanted to check his injuries. The glares we gave each other were almost a perfect mirror. Jin opens the door for us and turns on the bright, white lights. I end up squinting because it's too bright. Jimin snickers, so I slap him in the shoulder.

"Oy, stop," Jin scolds us before Jimin gets to retort.

He has us sit down on separate chairs. He helps me remove my shirt, despite my small groans. It revealed the various scars I had on my torso, knife wounds and old bullet shots. There were even flogging marks on my back. I mostly ignored the looks both of them gave me, but I bit my lip in hopes to not reveal what I couldn't ignore. The gauze pad attached to my shoulder had a red mark where blood had seeped through. Jin carefully undoes the bandages then sets them aside.

"Why is he/she getting medical attention before I am?"

"Because I don't recall you having a bleeding vein that I need to take care of."

Jimin huffs, beginning to undo the bandages on his wrists. He left the one on his shoulder untouched, most likely because it would hurt.

Jin feels over the stitches, delicate and slow as if he'd done it in a different setting. He even checks the exit side as well. He was muttering to himself about various things, but I mostly caught him scolding his stitching technique. He then applies fresh bandages, apologizing occasionally when I'd have to move my arm. When I was secured again, he checked the knife wound on my neck. He didn't run his fingers over it, his eyes simply scanned it. Then he was looking to my bruises, courtesy of the ass sitting next to me.

"Good news," he says, sitting back up straight. "No signs of infection on any of the wounds. You'll need time for your blood count to fix itself, though. Your bruises will take a while to heal because of how deep the damage went."

"No thanks to someone," I mutter under my breath.

"Hey, don't start that again," Jin says, stopping Jimin from talking. "You just decided to start working with us, so work with us."

I huff, but don't say anything.

Jin turns to Jimin and looks over his wrists. I do too, and a small part of me felt a little bad for creating cuts from the rope. The cuts looked good, though, especially considering they'd only been caused the day before. Then I watched as the medic applied some ointment to Jimin's wrists. I wondered what it was, but it had the slightest scent of lavender. Jin moved on quickly, leaving the wrist injuries to breathe, and unwrapped the bandages from the blonde's finger. I could see it didn't look that bad, meaning my knife tip had been as sharp as I thought. His finger was wrapped back up pretty quickly, and Jin took the bandages off Jimin's shoulder. I took a good look at the wound I'd created. It looked bad, even worse than my shoulder did.

"Hey, you guys are matching now," Jin remarks with a chuckle. "You'll both have shoulder scars."

I think the first thing Jimin and I had agreed on was the fact that we hated the idea that we had similar scars. We both let out a similar groaning sound that made it seem like we'd rather die.

Jin also checked Jimin's stitches before patching him back up. My shirt was helped back on first, then Jimin got his. I stood up by myself for the first time, dinner having helped me feel a little better. It felt almost odd to be feeling better. Jin held out some pills and water. I give him a curious look.

"Painkillers."

I nod and take them, even though my headache had dampened to a dull ache. I hoped the meds would take care of the rest of the pain.