Chapter 27 - Stealth Mission

"A drug dispensary has been uncovered by the police after what looks to be years of business. No one knows who made the call or who this dispensary is connected to, but those involved were arrested and are going to stand on trial."

"Isn't that a bit unsettling? This really bad business is suddenly thrown into the hands of the police. Who did it?"

"Well, all that we know is these people left a note. All they left was a signature, spelling out Bulletproof Boys. No one knows what's the significance, but they sure do seem bulletproof. Bullets were everywhere, but only the gang members seemed to be there."

"How do we even know who were gang members and who weren't?"

"The gang members all had the same tattoo of a wolf. There were various different places for them, but the police certified that they're there. Here's an image now so everyone knows what to look out for."

"Even with that, this is still scary. If law enforcement can't handle an unknown dispensary, are they going to stand a chance against the unknown vigilantes who gave it to them?"

"That would be the question, now wouldn't it? Can these people be caught, and furthermore, should they?"

Jimin laughs. "We're famous. That was the best idea I've ever had."

Namjoon rolls his eyes. "You just had to, didn't you?"

"Chae does know exactly who's coming after him, though," Taehyung hums, rubbing his bicep. "I don't see a problem."

"Besides," Jungkook chimes in as he shifts his shoulder a few times. "What if people support our vigilante ideals?"

Yoongi scoffs as he rubs the inside of his wrist. "Sure. Most people support murder for shits and giggles."

"You might be surprised, hyung." Hoseok hands Yoongi a glass of water. "Those at the mercy of Chaeㅡso, a lot of peopleㅡwould support anyone taking him down."

Namjoon straightens the sweater he's wearing. "Yeah, but all of law enforcement sit in his pocket. They're going to come after us as much as they can."

"My concern lies in how violently he'll go after us." I push up from the couch a little bit. "Is there a way out of here that isn't the front door?"

Jin glances up from the suit he's sewing. "Yes. There's a back door for the shop, but you'd still have to go through the sewers to escape undetected. In case it's not obvious, all of us would rather die than go through that."

My nose scrunches at the idea.

"I wouldn't mind," Yoongi hums. "I'd just prefer a face mask."

"Liar," Jungkook mumbles.

A chuckle escapes my lips as I shake my head. "Well, someone better break out the face masks."

Yoongi's eyebrows raise as he sips his water, a silent question.

"Because I'm going to need one."

~~~~~

I almost gagged when the smell of the sewer hit me. The mask lessened it, evident from the look on everyone else's face, but it was still abhorrent. I shook my head before putting my boot in the water and pointing the flashlight down the tunnel. A shiver went down my spine at the texture flowing around my boot. I found myself praying that it stayed the inch or so it was. If it seeped into the shoe and wet my socks, I really would barf. I shook my head to focus less on the ever-strong smell around me and instead look at my plan. I'd enter the building through the sewer exit. It would be difficult to be undetected simply because holy shit this smell was so awful, but I was lucky not to have anyone guarding the door. I'd have to pick through a locked door once I got into the building, though that was the easy part. The door connecting to the sewers was one sided. My side didn't have a doorknob. Chae had done that to prevent break-ins, which I understand. Unfortunately for him, however, it didn't matter if it had a handle or not. I'd found the door in passing, when I'd gone to his ever-so-secure basement to torture someone he didn't like. It didn't seem like anything until I looked at the schematics of the building. After that, all I'd needed to do was find the door from the sewers.