Cinderella (Soramafu)

Pairing: Soraru x Mafumafu
Fairytale AU

Once upon a time, there was a boy whose mother laid sick in bed and neared the end of her life. Knowing that she would have to leave her family soon, she called her only beloved son to her as she laid on her deathbed.

"M-mother... Father said you are going to leave us. Is that true?", the small albino child asked as he sobbed, fearing to lose his beloved mother.

The white-haired woman only smiled weakly as she lifted her hand to caress her son's cheek and wiped his tears away. "Listen, my beloved child. Your father is right as I only have a short amount of time to stay here before I have to leave.

But I will watch you from above and protect you, no matter where I am. So grow up into a fine young man who is kind to everyone.", his mother told him as the small child only nodded and promised her this. A few more weeks passed before the albino's mother passed away as he could only wail and wish her to come back.

As she left him, he remembered the promise as he decided to keep it and do his best in life so that his mother could watch him grow into a great person from the heaven above.

*****

A few years later, his father found a new wife who brought two sons with him. Something that the albino didn't know was that his father had suffered the same illness as his mother as his life would soon come to an end as well.

Not wanting his son to be all alone, he decided to remarry so his child would have a family once he was gone. And when the albino's father passed away, the albino felt sad, thinking of his deceased parents every so often.

But he couldn't say that he was lonely, as his stepmother and stepbrothers loved him dearly and treated him as their own family.

He did have to do all the housework though because his family wasn't capable of doing so but he didn't mind it. He liked cleaning after all so he was happy to do what he liked and be able to help his family out with it.

Sometimes, he'd clean so thoroughly though that his face was so dusty and dirty sometimes that his brothers ended up nicknaming him Cinderella as a joke and would sometimes call him that whenever his face looked like that before helping him bath. The albino didn't mind the nickname because he knew that his brothers didn't have any ill intent.

But he liked his own name more as it was given by his mother which is why everyone mostly called him by his real name except for when they joked around.

"Mafumafu! You are covered in dust again... I know that I don't do the housework and just do the cooking which is why you have to do everything... but you don't have to clean this much. Come, let's get you cleaned up.", a brunet said and he helped the albino up as he just giggled.

"I'm fine, Ama-chan! I like to help after all!", Mafumafu assured as he followed the brunet to the bathroom anyway where the other male soaked a towel before rubbing it against the albino's face. "I know. But you have to rest once in a while!", Amatsuki exclaimed.

"Yes~ Sometimes you remind me of a mother more than an older brother, Ama-chan~", Mafumafu said as the brunet only blushed and lightly flicked the other's forehead as the albino only held his forehead in pain as he whined.

His older brother just sighed as he stood up and went to wash the now dirty towel. "Sakata is downstairs and was complaining about how hungry he was so I'll make some food. You can rest in the meanwhile or—". "I'll help~", the albino volunteered as Amatsuki only nodded not even trying to argue as he walked downstairs, the younger male following him close after.