Wishing you'd come back (ShimaSaka)

Requested by: Gaming_Crystal3099
Pairing: Shima x Sakata
Genre: Angst
High School AU

That day was something they'd never forget. It all happened so fast. But for Shima and Sakata, it was as if everything happened in slow motion.

And both of them could remember every single detail of that moment. Especially Sakata who blamed himself for what happened.

Urata, Shima, Sakata and Senra were on their way home from school chatting lively with each other. They wanted to go to Urata's house because they wanted to play some video games and just hang out after they spent most of their time studying for their upcoming tests in the school library.

Because of that, the sun was slowly setting already. They just planned to relax for the day and maybe do some other things.

Senra tried to convince them to study more while Shima and Sakata declined at the same time, earning a small insult from the brunette as the two of them started bickering again.

Being so focused on talking to each other, Sakata didn't react in time when someone bumped into him. He looked down at a man whose face and eyes were already red and he looked very angry from being pushed down.

"Can't you see where you're going?!", the man shouted at Sakata waving his bottle of wine threatening. "I-I'm sorry...", Sakata mumbled and Urata glared at the man.

"You were the one who bumped into him so it's not his place to apologize.", Urata said which triggered the drunk man even more. "Who do you think you are, telling me that?!", the man shouted as he swung the bottle at Urata, aiming at his head.

There was a loud crash as some passengers noticed that and they surrounded them. Shima and Senra who were slightly behind ran towards them. "What happened here?! Urata?!", Senra asked as he ran towards the brunette who lay on the floor wincing in pain as his head was bleeding.

"Someone! Call the police and an ambulance!", Senra shouted as someone pulled his phone out dialing the number.

Senra looked down at the brunette checking if he was still alive, sighing out in relief when he felt his pulse and heard the other breathing. You would think that the man would run away by now to not get caught by the police.

But apparently, he didn't feel satisfied as he turned towards Sakata angrily. "Ah, god! This is all your fault! If you hadn't bumped into me then this wouldn't have happened!", he said blaming the redhead who flinched.

Urata who was still conscious glared at the man angrily as he held his head.

"If you weren't that drunk you'd maybe be rational and notice who's at fault here! You freaking alcoholic!", Urata spat in disgust as the man looked at the brunette in anger.

"You shut up! My day was already bad and now you guys had to get in my way!", he complained. They could hear sirens from afar as they noticed that the police and ambulance would come soon and they'd be save. The drunk man heard it as well and he noticed what would happen to him soon, as he looked at the redhead in fury.

"You... It's your fault that my reputation will be ruined! You better take responsibility for that!", the man screamed with his unreasonable argument and when Sakata didn't manage to say the right words the man had enough.

The redhead could only widen his eyes when he noticed the man taking a knife out of his sleeve and charged towards him. He closed his eyes as he was ready to feel the pain soon.

But it never happened. That moment when he opened his eyes again. That moment where his purple-haired friend jumped in front of him. That moment when he tried to save Sakata by pushing the other away. That moment when the knife didn't stab him but Shima instead.