Chapter 44 - The Heart's Wish

Start from the beginning

His arm was draped over my stomach, some strength in it despite him being unconscious. His nose was tickling the back of my neck. His breaths would glide across my skin, sending warmth deep into my body. He had a leg between mine. His bare chest was pushed against my back, and I could feel how solid it was. I realized with crazy embarrassment that my shirt had pulled up a little and his abs were now pressed against my bare back. The warmth of his skin sent waves of flame across my skin as he breathed.

I was completely frozen. No commands to move made it to the muscles. I felt weighed down by something, but in the best way. I wanted to stay in his arms forever, to pretend this morning would never end, just be here, happy and safe.

He made a humming sound, and he tightened his grip a little.

My body felt like a volcano exploding. Heat was rising too fast, steam was coming out of my head, and lava billowed over the land. There was smoke obscuring my thoughts from making any sense beyond that I was being held.

I lay a hand over his arm. A plate inside my soul slid into place next to another.

My voice is barely audible as I whisper, "Jimin?"

He makes a quiet groaning sound, his head shifting up. His lips were brushing the back of my neck, and my body erupted once again.

"J-Jimin."

He whines quietly, tucking his head onto my shoulder.

A moment later, his entire body tensed.

Then he flew off the bed, a small yell escaping his lips.

I whip around, trying to make the blush on my face disappear. His face mirrored mine.

"Was I? Why did I? W-Why did you let me?"

And now the steam screamed from my head.

"I didn't," I reply quickly, but my voice was high. "I woke up withㅡ" I pause, remembering the amazing feeling of his arms around my stomach, "with you doing that. That's it."

He reaches up, running his hands over his face and groaning. "That didn't happen."

I felt something ping in my chest.

"What didn't happen?" I say anyway.

He nods before standing up. He madly runs his hands in his hair, which fluffed the hair greatly and made it stick up. My eyes moved before I could think about it, and they glued to that deep v-line that pointed to something huge. My lips pulled into a straight line as I tried to remove the image, but it was stuck now and wasn't disappearing. He really hadn't been lying.

His fingers snap in front of my eyes. "Earth to (Y/N)."

My body moves faster than my brain as my hand slams his wrist to the side. The other hand automatically shoves forward, catching him square in the stomach. He tensed, and it felt like I'd smacked a wall instead. I wince and pull my hand back as he stumbles a little.

"I thought you said you'd wait until I'm fully recovered to start beating me," he groans, holding his stomach. "Did the plan change?"

"It's your fault for startling me," I mutter, massaging my wrist. "Don't do that or I'll hit you again."

He waves his hand in dismissal. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Don't zone out when you see my naked torso, then."

I throw his pillow at him, which he smoothly dodges. "Then sleep with a shirt on!"

He chuckles as he ducks into the bathroom and closes the door. I hear it click as he locks it, which I guessed was a way of learning from the past. I resist the urge to yell in frustration at all the stupid things I was doing because of the fluttering in my chest. I bury my face into my hands and force myself to breathe.