"Hey Sel.." He spoke up, snapping me out of my thoughts. A small smile played on his lips.

He's calling me Sel now? I didn't know we were on a nickname basis now.

"Uh, hi..." I flashed a small smile before returning my attention back to the stove. I cracked a few eggs in a bowl and tossed the shells away. As I began to whisk the eggs, my mind wandered. Where did I stand with Justin? Did we still hate each other? Was that stuff just said because he were drunk? There was so much I wanted to ask him but I just couldn't build up the nerve to.

I heard footsteps and saw Justin walk into the kitchen out of the corner of my eye. He hopped up on the counter and I felt his eyes on me.

"Do you remember anything about last night?" He finally spoke up. I could tell he wanted to see if I knew about the kiss. Which, surprisingly enough, I did.

Should I tell him? I still wasn't sure what his intentions were. I decided to just play it safe. "Uh, I just remember little bits and pieces. Why? Something I should remember?"

"No, no... I was just asking. I thought maybe you might, remember something.." He sounded a little upset by my response.

I felt bad because I was lying to him, but I needed to protect myself. After what he'd already done to me, this was the safest thing for me to do. It wasn't like Justin couldn't find girls to hook up with this vacation. I was not going to be one of them.

The eggs were all scrambled and finished as I poured them on a plate. There just happened to be enough for Justin, and I figured he would be hungry. Turning around, I opened my mouth to ask him, but he had apparently left the room.

I just shrugged it off, and headed over to the table to enjoy my meal.

I had just finished my breakfast and cleaned up when Justin returned to the room. He had obviously taken a shower, his hair was still damp. He was wearing a plain red t-shirt and blue jeans and some red vans.

"I was thinking about checking out the stores today. Do you wanna come with me?" He looked at me, a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. I didn't feel right about this, but it beat sitting in the house all day.

"Uh, yeah sure. Just let me go change and I'll be down in a few." I made my way up the stairs to my room.

A while later, I returned. My outfit consisted of a summery dress, that was black and had little flowers all over it, a pair of sandals, and a big black floppy hat. I had decided to skip on the makeup because we were just going to the mall, and it was just Justin.

"You said a few minutes." He chuckled, looking up from his phone.

It had only been thirty minutes. If I had actually tried to look decent, it would have been way longer.

"Sorry." I replied.

"It's cool. Let's go." He lead as we walked out to the car in the driveway. It was a rental, since we'd only be here for a few weeks. But still, Justin had persisted on getting the nicest one, because he couldn't be seen driving an average car.

He hesitated for a few seconds, it seemed like, before he proceeded to open my door. I really wanted to know why he was being so nice.

"Thanks.." I said, stepping into the car. He closed my door, and got in on the drivers side.

Once he turned on the ignition and started down the road, I figured I better ask him now before I got distracted. "Why are you being so nice?"

He glanced at me before focusing his attention back on the road. "What do you mean?"