Chapter 58 - False Bravado

Start from the beginning

How was he supposed to know Yun Che was silent not because of the low-ball offer.... but was immediately taken aback by the offered price

Three hundred purple profound coins... Holy crap!! That was a whole three million yellow profound coins!! It was equivalent to a century's worth of income from an average family!

On the Azure Cloud Continent, during the times he followed his master around, his master refined medicine to save lives and never once did he charge a single coin. After the death of his master, he had only used the Sky Poison Pearl to refine medicine pills for himself to use in order to increase his strength; therefore, he had no concept of the actual market price or value of each medicinal pill.

He had originally thought selling a Fire Spirit Pill for one purple profound coin would have already been pretty good. After selling three, he would have enough to live extravagantly for a short while. But he never expected he would be offered three hundred purple profound coins; he was stupefied.

These medicine pills were unexpectedly quite valuable!!

On the Profound Sky Continent, good medicinal pills were ridiculously expensive. Because high-grade medicine pills were used for Profound Cultivation; it was a shortcut to increase one's Profound Energy. Many painstakingly years of cultivation could not compare with just being able to intake a medicinal pill.

His continued silence made the clerk nervously state, "If you are still unsatisfied with the price, then..."

Before even letting him finish, Yun Che exclaimed: "Deal!"

For his offer to be immediately accepted, the clerk could not hide his delight; because even if one was priced to be sold for a thousand purple profound coins, any of those major sects would easily fight over it. He quickly gathered the Fire Spirit Pills and turned around. After a while, he brought out a shiny violet card, presented to Yun Che and stated, "This is your Profound Currency Card, please accept it. If you require anything else, you are always welcomed at our Black Moon Merchant Guild."

This violet Profound Currency Card held the coins inside it. Yun Che decided to inspect its content and found not a single coin less; it was exactly three hundred purple profound coins!

Yun Che has never had this much money in his entire life. His entire savings for the past sixteen years could only amount to a little more than a thousand yellow profound coins.

Three hundred purple profound coins! How long would it take to spend all of it? If Little Aunt saw this, she would definitely be shocked.

After putting the Profound Currency Card away, Yun Che did not immediately leave. He used his right hand to again put something on the counter and coldly said, "A profound core, your offer!"

After placing the scarlet-colored profound core on the counter, Yun Che heard Jasmine's questioning voice in his head: "What are you doing? You want to sell it? Are you crazy?"

Yun Che promptly replied: "No no, of course I'm not selling it. You don't have to worry; I just want to scare them a little so that in the future, it would be more convenient for me to do business here."

Jasmine did not respond.

"Profound core?" the clerk suspiciously picked it up. Members of the Black Moon Merchant Guild, even of the lowest rank, still had the ability to be an astonishing person. However, he was still unable to determine which beast this profound beast core came from.

He picked up the profound core and gently caressed it. Soon after, his complexion suddenly changed; his eyes opened wide as he raised both trembling hands: "This... this... this this this... dragon... dragon core! Not only that, it's an Emperor Profound Dragon Core!!"