chapter 19

It's been a couple of days since the surgery and my room is now empty, except for me. I told everyone that they should leave and go to their houses because I just needed to think. I thought about what had happened between me and Leroy. How I agreed to work things out between him and I, but I was also thinking about what was between me and Charles and what the heck is happening between me and Ben. On one hand I know that I might or might not want to be with Charles but then there's Ben. He's suddenly around now and I just hope he doesn't try to get back with me because it's too late for that. He made his choice.

I was thinking so hard about what I should do about Charles. He was all I could think about so I decided to call him. "Hey." I said as soon as he answered. "Hey, do you want me to come and bring you anything or...?" "No no, it's just that..it's so quite and.......... I just wanted to hear your voice." I don't know what came over me but I just wanted to hear him, I missed him. "Well, how bout I come back up there? We can just talk." "Umm ok sure just–" and then I heard nothing. Did he just hang up on me? As soon as I was getting worked up, in walks Charles. "Sorry, I was already here. I just wanted to come see you when Ben wasn't here." I smiled before patting my bed, motioning for him to come sit down. He smiled back before sitting down on my bed.  "So, how's Noah? I feel like I haven't seen him in forever."

"He's good. He asks about you everyday. He wants to come see you." "I know I just don't want him to see me like this, he's been in hospitals so much lately. Way too much for an average kid. I just can't wait till I get out of here, then I'll go see him." He nods. "Thanks....for being here with me. Will you hold me?" What the hell Natalie. "Yeah sure thing." He lies behind me on the bed with me in front of him. "I know that it's too late for apologizes but I'm sorry about everything that happened. I'm sorry about what Elizabeth did to you, about what I did. I-" "It's okay, it's been three years and now I'm a mother of two kids. I'm trying really hard to forgive and forget, even though it's hard." I turned around and now we're closer to each other than ever. I feel his nose right next to mine, "Yeah I get it. It's hard but you'll get there." There was a moment of quietness between us before he kissed me. The kiss is soft and it felt like the very first time since we met. "I'm sorry...... I shouldn't have done that." I nodded but secretly didn't mean it. "Can we just forget about it?" He nods and smiles. We continue to just talk as he continued to hold me.