Chapter 1

I woke up to noises coming from downstairs. I opened my left eye to see if Ben was still in bed but he wasn't. I got up and went downstairs to find him cooking breakfast, with a black apron on, while shirtless. "Good morning beautiful." He leans over and kisses me. "Good morning sexy." I replied as I took one bacon from the plate. "Why are you up so early babe?" I ask as he hands me a plate of food. "One, because today is Noah's third birthday, and two, I didn't want you to have to wake up early to make breakfast." Why is he so adorable.
"Awwwww you're so cute, and thanks for..... all of this food you just made." He chuckled and leans in to kiss me again.

"Are you coming to New York with me?"
"No, I'm going to England."
"What, I thought this year we were gonna go together to get Noah." I say pouting. He sighs and grabs my hand.
"I know, I know, but some things have come up and I have to go. You still get to bring him the gift we bought for him, just tell him I said hi and happy birthday."
"Yeah, I guess. Anyways, what time did you wake up to make all of this?" He kisses my forehead and gets up. "It's a secret baby, just eat." He leaves.
"Wait aren't you going to eat with me?"
"Gotta take a shower love." He yells back as he walks to the bathroom.
I took a look at all of the food that was on the table and I was just amazed.

~~**~~
After Ben was done, I went in and took a nice warm shower. After that, I got dressed and we walked out together. I didn't feel like flying to New York today, so I drove. The last time I've seen anyone, was three years ago. Zoe and I haven't said a word to each other since, same with Scar and Michael.

As I was driving, I thought about what Charles and I last talked about. He wanted to share custody of Noah. As soon as he said it, I was ecstatic but when I thought about it more, it also meant that Charles would have to see Ben more often vs him only seeing Ben every now and then. And Charles doesn't like Ben. I just need to find a way for all of this to work, because I need my baby back, even if it's just partially.

A lot of things has changed while I've been gone. For example, Charles and Elizabeth aren't together anymore. Zoe and Adam are getting married soon, and Elizabeth is now with Finn and they have two beautiful girls together, Hannah and Anna. Don't ask me how I know all those things, I just do. I haven't met their kids yet but I'm happy that all of them found their happiness, even if it meant taking someone else's away.

~~***~~
When I arrived at Charles new house, there was a lot of kids outside playing. Finn's kids, Williams's kids, and other people's kids that I didn't know of.

I parked in the driveway, and got out. I was so nervous and scared, I didn't think I could even grab Noah's present. My heart was pounding so hard, you could probably see it beating out of my chest. Why am I so scared you ask? I mean it's not like I haven't seen William, Zoe, Adam, Finn, Leroy or Elizabeth in three years, and haven't spoken to Michael since. I have talked to Josie a lot when she went on her trip to England, so at least I can talk to her.

But honestly, I feel like I left on a bad note. I didn't try to fix anything before I left. I just up and ran. Now don't get me wrong, they did turn on me and made me lose Noah, but honestly, it's been 3 years. I'm over it, and it's not like Noah wouldn't have been in my life because at the end of the day, I'm still his mother. I birthed him and no court could tell me different.

I grabbed the present, took a deep breath, walked up the steps, and rang the doorbell.
To my surprise, Zoe opened the door, and she was pregnant.
"Hey." I said awkwardly.
"Hey, come on in." She opens the door wider for me to step in, and as soon as I did, Noah see's me and comes running up to me. I sit his present on the present table and scoop him up.
"Awww, how's mommy's little prince, doing?"
I asked as I kissed his forehead and tickled him. "Good" He said while laughing. I put him back down and he runs back to the group of kids.

It was now time to sing happy birthday and every kid was standing with their parents. Noah stands in the middle of me and Charles and grabbed our hands. I spot Michael, Adam, Finn and Elizabeth in the group of people around the cake. After we sang happy birthday and cut the cake, I went outside to get some air.

"For some reason I knew I'd find you out here." I turn around to see Josie. Her hair changed, and right now, her skin is glowing.
"Hey Josie. I missed you." I wrapped my arms around her.
"I missed you too. How's everything with Ben?" I was surprised she remembered him. "Good. Good. How was the rest of your time in England?"
"It was great...........I'm engaged."
"Wow. I'm so happy for you. Who's the lucky guy?"
"His names Mason, he's a bartender. We met on the plane and we just hit it off." She says blushing.
"Awww, I'm so happy for you guys."
"Thanks, I'm excited. Anyways........... are you ready to go back in? You can't hide out here forever to avoid talking to them." I look at the backdoor and turn back around to face her.
"Yea but I sure can try."
She sighs and shakes her head.
"Ehhhh, but I guess it won't be that bad since Leroy isn't here."
"Well not exactly, He just got here. But hey, don't freak out, if you really don't want to go in there you know we can always ditch them." She said as I laughed. I love this girl. Ever since she went on her trip to England, we've kept in touch and talked a lot.

"As tempting as that sounds, you were right the first time. I can't avoid them forever, maybe for 3 years and plus a couple more but not forever. And besides, it's not about me today, it's about Noah."
"Yeah you're right. Plus he's growing up so fast, you don't want to waste any more time arguing and fighting with them." She said.
"Yeah, and hopefully once I talk to them, things can be solved and there will be no more tension. I can't take any more of it, and it isn't worth missing out on more of Noah's life." I said.
"Yea, I agree." She said.
"I just wish my mom was here to kind of guide me. She always knew what to do and had all the answers when I had a problem." I say sadly. She put her hand on my shoulder and rubs it comfortingly.
"Hey, you got this, you don't need any more guidance. And if you do, at least you have me here right?"
I nod. "Yeah I do."