Chapter 76

It has been months since Ben escaped prison. And Charlie had brought more security and I just didn't like it. And here I was just standing here watching him put on all of these cameras around the house and he even made a safe escape room in our bedroom. It has food, and anything that we might need if it had came to that. "Okay that's just a lot." I said as I looked at him putting it all around the kids rooms. "Woof-woof." I looked down to see Buddy next to me. "Even Buddy is on my side on this." I said to him, he stops and sighs and looks at me. "The man is out there and-and I don't want anything to happen to you or our kids. He thinks that twins might be his and.........and if the twins are his, I will not let the man near my kids." He came closer to me and wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer. "Those kids, they have become my life, my everything and if anything were to happen to them I'll lose myself........... I-I don't know what I'll do." He pause and then he continues, "And if the son of bitch comes closer to you like he did in the hospital......I'll kill him." I sigh, not because of what had happened but of what he had just said. "I've killed someone before, and I'm not afraid to do it again." He adds, "Stop....... don't say that! Okay...... yes she was crazy but...... I don't know but just don't say that okay?" I pull him closer and kissed him, "I can't make the promise." He says and goes right back to putting the cameras up again.

****
After he was done I was outside in our backyard playing with the kids. Naomi was painting while Noah was playing with Buddy while I was readying books with Daniel. When I checked on Daniel he was half a sleep. So I walked him over to his bed and placed him there and just stood there in aww of him. "Hey..." I turned to see Charles. "Hey." I replied. "Look...... you're right, I shouldn't have said that earlier but I just can't think of-" I cut him short by saying, "Then don't. Okay I just want to grow old see our kids have their own lives and do whatever that they went, that's all, and I want you to be there for me, with me. Not in jail, because I need you. I can't do this alone remember, we need each other." He grabs me and hugs me and then he kisses my forehead. "I know........ I love you Mrs Calvin." I smiled and kissed him. "I love you to Mr. Calvin."

*****