Chapter 5

It's like my mind was on Noah for a reason, but not a good one. I see my phone ringing on the passenger seat so I grabbed it and answered, once I see that it's Josie.
"Hey Josie what's up?"
"You have to come back, Noah, he-he's not breathing!" She spoke so fast I couldn't understand her. "Wait, what happened to Noah? Slow down Josie." I hear her take a deep breath and then she started over. "When you left, Noah was still sleeping, but when me and Charles went to check up on him, he wasn't breathing. Now we're taking him to Saint Sinai Hospital, can you come back?" Her voice was shaky and it made my heart clench. I need to get back to Noah. "Of-of course. Give me an hour and I'll be there." I said before hanging up. I knew an hour was too long but that's how long it would take me to get there, so I had to deal with it and just drive.

—————————
I drove fast, I needed to see my baby and see if he was ok. I called Ben on my way there and told him what had happened. It turned out that he was already making his way to that hospital for some work stuff, so I would be meeting him there.

When I entered the hospital, I immediately ran to the ER where I saw Charles, Josie, Elizabeth and Finn waiting in the waiting room. "Where is he?" I asked panicked. "He's in a room with a doctor right now." I ran my hands through my hair and sat down in the chair next to Josie. "Has this happened before?"
"No, this is the first time." As soon as that was said, we see Max coming to us. I stood up and so did everyone else.

"How's Noah?" He crosses his arms and sighs. "Noah has asthma." He says.
"What? Since when? How did we not know?" I say shaking my head.
"Right, he's never had it before, why now? How serious is it?" Charles asks Max. "In some cases it is bad but it seems like Noah's asthma is common in children."
"Seems?" Said Josie.
"Yes, we don't fully know the extent of his asthma but we would like to keep him here for a couple of days so we can run some more tests and get his asthma pump."
I try and process everything he just told me. "Can I see him?" He nods and takes me and Charles to Noah's room.

"Here we are, I'll be down the hall if you need me." I nod and he leaves. We enter to find Noah in bed, looking at us as we walk in the room. I walk over to his bed and sit down with him. I hated seeing him with all these wires and things going in his body, but they were there to help him breath.

"Hey Noah..... how you feeling?"
"Good. Where's Ben?" I turn to look at Charles and I look back at him...... "I-I-Ben is coming to see you."
"Ok. I love you mommy." I pulled him closer to me and kissed his forehead. "I love you too baby. Which is why I'm not going anywhere. Not now, not ever okay?" He smiles and sticks his pinky finger out. "Promise?" I stick out my pinky and lock mine with his. "I promise baby, mommy isn't going anywhere." I say kissing his forehead and rocking  him.

I decided that I wasn't going to leave him, that's my little boy. Who cares if Ben and Charles have problems? I'm not going to let it come between me and my son, because he comes first, no matter what.