Chapter 28

After the week I had with Elijah and Ben, I didn't even feel like talking to Lily but I knew I had to if I wanted Elijah. Taking her to court was the only option. "Okay Elijah, so if we bring Lily to court, then you will have to testify. Are you okay with that?" Adam asked him. It was me, Adam and Elijah, talking with Lily and her lawyer. "Yes I'm fine with going to court." I grab his hands and turn him so that he's facing me. "Look Elijah if you do this, it means that if we win the case, you'll be coming to America to live with me. Do you understand?" He nods. "Okay, I understand. I can't wait to go to America and live with you and Noah and have American friends." I smiled, I couldn't wait to have that too. "Okay it's settled. I'll send you the court date." Adam says to Lily's lawyer.

They stand up to shake hands. As Lily's lawyer moves to leave the room with Lily, Lily had one more thing to say.  "You can't take him away! I raised him. That's my son." She screams trying to grab Elijah but Adam doesn't let her get close to him. "It's ok Adam, I actually want to talk to her." Adam looks at me for reassurance and when I nod, he escorts everyone out of the room but me and her. "Sit." I said but she didn't. "Okay let's talk, women to women." She fixed her dress and finally sat down. "You don't know him or what he's scared of at night. You don't know him at all." I nodded. She was right but I was willing to learn for Elijah. "You're right. I don't know anything about him but you didn't even give me a chance too. Even though I was gonna have an abortion, you striped me of the right to get to know him when you took him from me. This is your fault." She just chuckles.

"Fine, I don't want to go to court and possibly lose him forever so instead, how about I move to America. When I move, you can see him whenever you want." I couldn't believe that she'd do that. "You're serious?" She nods and turns to leave.

I later said good bye to Elijah after spending the whole afternoon with him.

*****
Lily's POV
I grabbed my phone out of my bag as I left the hotel Natalie was at and called him.
"She's all yours now. Just promise me that you will make her remember and cause her a lot of pain."
"You can count on it." He said before I hung up. As I stood outside the hotel, I look up to Natalie's room. "Let the pain begin."