Chapter 39

It was hard to wake up, my eyes were heavy. When I did, I saw Charles next me with Noah in his hands sleeping. "Hey...." I said softly. I'm finally seeing Noah after awhile and I just want to hug him and hold him but I can't move. I tried but I couldn't. I look down on my body to see a bandage wrapped around my torso. "I had surgery?" I asked him. "Yes, two days ago." Two days! Dang. "Where's Elijah? Is he ok?" I asked but he stayed quiet. "What's wrong? Where's Elijah?" Out of nowhere, Lily comes storming into the room, tears streaming down her face as she throws a newspaper at me."This is all your fault! If you didn't insist on having a connection with my son then none of this would've happened!" I look over at Charles with confusion before grabbing the news paper and reading the title. 'After the death of Dr. Lily Anderson's son, Max Anderson, years ago in the army, her younger son, Elijah Anderson, has died today after a shooting.' I read and look at both of them. "Elijah isn't dead. He can't be!No no no, Charles tell me this is a mistake....... please. My son isn't dead." He couldn't even look me in the eye. At that moment, Lily leaves the room and Adam, Finn, Elizabeth, Zoe and Scar walk in. "Hey it's okay...." said Zoe, trying to make me feel better. "I can't take this. It hurts too much. Stop. Please make it stop. Make it stop!" I yelled while crying. Charles hands Noah to Elizabeth and hugs me tight. Elizabeth leaves the room with Noah. Scar and Zoe come up to my bed. "I'm here. Cry, yell, do whatever you want. I'm here." Zoe said. "I know your probably tired of me apologizing but I am truly sorry. I'm not going anywhere this time." Scar said. I hugged them tightly. "We're so sorry for your loss Nana." Zoe said. I cried into their arms as they held me.

A couple of hours passed and I'm now going to see Elijah's body. "Do you want me to go with you?" Asked Charles, I shook my head and went in by myself. I slowly walked up to him on the steel table. I touched his hair, then his cheeks. He was blue and cold. "I love you so much Elijah and I'll miss you. We just got to meet each other and now your gone. I'll tell your brother how much you loved him and everything about you. I'll always remember the day we first met, one of the best days ever." I finished with tears streaming down my face. I kiss his cheek before turning to leave.