Chapter 29 - Upheaval 8

Start from the beginning

This was because the other party was the son of the Sect Master of the Xiao Sect! He could crush the entire Xiao Clan with a lift of his finger! Without sufficient power, what was the use of having a brilliant tongue and an observant mind? In the face of absolute power, this so-called truth could not even be considered as just a joke.

"Xiao Che!! You unfilial bastard, you still haven't shut up!!" The First Elder pointed at Xiao Che and desperately bellowed in rage: "You again and again search for a ridiculous reason to discredit Clan Master and our noble guests from the Xiao Sect! What exactly is your motive! Why would the Xiao Sect try to frame Xiao Lingxi? Everyone in the world knows of the Xiao Sect and their word holds enormous weight. If they say that the Profound Opening Powder was found in Xiao Lingxi's room, then it was found in Xiao Lingxi's room! No one in Floating Cloud City has the right to question their authority!"

"This is truly outrageous, to question even the honorable guests from the Xiao Sect. Clan Master and Young Master Xiao had repeatedly exhibited their accommodating patience but unexpectedly, if you give him an inch, he'd want a mile; this is simply intolerable.... Young Master Xiao, Clan Master, this old one pleads for the rapid arrest of the thief Xiao Lingxi and the nonsense babbler, Xiao Che!" Second Elder Xiao Bo shouted in anger.

In fact, everyone present was well aware of the situation at hand, yet did not dare to say it out loud. First Elder and Second Elder shamelessly roared, and there was not one person who would speak in their favor, but there was a look of pity in everyone's eyes.... The opposing party was the Xiao Sect. Even if you saw through their trickery. Even if you completely unraveled their scheme and the truth, what was the use?

Xiao Kuangyun's expression had already darkened to the color of charcoal. He did not think that his "perfect" plan would backfire in his face in front of so many people.... Although these people looked at him with a fearful expression, and didn't dare to make a single sound, he would bet his little toe that in their minds, they had inevitably sneered at him and saw him as a dog!

And all of this was because of Xiao Che!

Xiao Kuangyun became more and more enraged as he directed his killing intent at the nobody that paid no heed to his importance. He spoke in a deep voice: "I, from the dignified Xiao Sect, have no obligation to answer the question of a useless piece of trash from the Xiao Clan. Furthermore, I have no obligation to explain a matter belonging to my Xiao Sect! Which Elder in Xiao Clan is in charge of law enforcement? Immediately arrest this thief and the piece of trash that tried to vainly shield her!

"We solemnly obey Young Master Xiao's order!!" Roared Fourth Elder Xiao Cheng, the chief of law enforcement within the Xiao Clan who saw his opportunity to make an appearance. He suddenly turned his head, his eyes revealing an ominous glint as they laid upon the victim Xiao Lingxi, and shouted in a loud voice yet again: "Xiao Lingxi, Xiao Che! You two have already committed a serious crime, come with me at once to the law enforcement hall to await your punishment!!"

The situation had made a sudden change. It was obvious that they had been exposed, yet the opposite party acted without a care for their pride and immediately made a direct approach. Xiao Che actually became alarmed as he retreated backwards, and whispered to Xia Qingyue: "Hey! Qingyue my wife, where's your master!!"

"Don't know" Xia Qingyue flatly replied.

"I~! @#¥%......" The reason why Xiao Che dared to mercilessly slap Xiao Sect's face was not because his blood rushed to his head, but because he knew that Xia Qingyue's master was in the vicinity.... Last night, he had even specifically reminded Xia Qingyue to notify her master.

In the end, Xia Qingyue only offered him "don't know". This motherf*cker...

Xiao Cheng's profound strength was one the top five within the Xiao Clan, so it was fundamentally impossible that Xiao Che and Xia Lingxi had the ability to resist him. But now, a tall shadow appeared all of a sudden, in a flash, and stood in front of Xiao Che and Xiao Lingxi. With an entire body surging with profound strength, Xiao Lie had abruptly come forward....