Chapter 1

My life was a lie. Since the beginning. I was told that I was just like them... Just like others... Just like everyone else… Normal. But I had a strange feeling about it, about everything to be honest. I grew up to lies, and now I'm also known as the BIGGEST LIAR in the town. Well, of course it was because I could lie so well that no one would suspect.

I was always lacking self-confidence, and never usually liked socializing. My favorite time-pass was books. Who didn’t love reading? Sci-Fi, and Magic, especially, were my type. I lived in a small house, which looked like it would blow off by wind in any moment in Toronto. My parents, well actually, my step-parents never came to have a look at me. They had two kids, who’re supposed to be my “siblings”. I once tried asking them about my biological parents. They just told me that my parents abandoned me for I was born a girl, and then they died while returning home to a car accident. My life wasn’t as I was told it was supposed to be…

“Y/N! come downstairs! There’s someone for you at the door!” my mother called out, while I was reading a book.

“I'm coming.” I sighed and thought who would come for me? Nobody knows me to come MEET me.

I went downstairs with my black and green hoodie. It was cold after all. I opened the door to see a… guy?

“Hello Y/N.” I still couldn’t figure out his face, but he looked big…

“May I know who you are?” I asked, still trying to looked out his face.

“You will soon know me, darling. Here. This is from your family. Read this and don’t let anyone know. Its only between us. Me and you.” He handed me an envelope. I nodded, and took it. I hid it in the pocket of my over-sized hoodie.

“Stay safe Y/N. We’ll meet again, soon.” He said and he was… gone???

I closed the doors and my father came in and asked who it was. “Oh, it was just a friend from college.” I said and ran upstairs. I hid the envelope inside one of my books and kept it safe.

After dinner, I came back up and waited until everyone fell asleep. I opened the envelope and found a letter and a photo of a couple with two kids in their arms. It was strange to have a photo of an unknown family… What am I supposed to do with it? I kept it back in and took out the other stuffs. There was a letter, and… two tickets to New York? What is all this? You decided to read the letter.

Hello, Daughter.
I am your mother, writing this letter.

A letter from my parents? But… they died… or was this another lie?

I was utterly shocked after reading the only first two words of it… My eyes were already filled. I haven’t seen my parents in 17 years…

I decided to read the letter further…

A/N:-
Heyy. Well this is my first time sharing the work I like. Basically I'm kinda new here. And this is my first book. So I hope you like it.
Enjoy!