Chapter 36 - Danger Around the Corner

Start from the beginning

I freeze at the last one, blood chilling. I pretend to relax back to see the rest of my surroundings, but I don't see anything. There's no one suspicious in sight, not even when I look behind me.

Then who…?

A man passes me, talking into his Bluetooth. "I understand, boss, I'll get the interview without fail."

I sigh in relief. I didn't want my day to be ruined by being kidnapped. That'd be a massive dampener on my good mood. I'm going to get chewed out later anyway, at least let me have a good day.

I drink some water before standing. I start walking again. I take in even more of my surroundings than before, though it's partially because of fear now. Hearing someone say 'boss' was too familiar, and I hated it. If I never heard that word again, it'd be too soon. I even found myself checking behind the potted plants, which was just ridiculous. If they were going to take me, they'd do it somewhere they could drag me away. A car off the road would make for a good getaway. I slide closer to the buildings. Alleyways would also be useful. I brace myself upon passing those. They could also just kill me if they wanted to.

So why haven't they? They've had so many opportunities. Why does Chae want me back so badly? Why does he also want BTS? Is it recruitment? Is it for his own sick desires? I can't think of any logical reason as to why he wanted any of us alive. It'd be so much easier to gloat to a dead body. There's no struggling, no interruptions, and no chance of getting killed.

I slam into someone by accident, the stuff in my bag flying onto the ground. We both fall onto the ground, equally hard.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying very much attention." I rub my back. "Are you okay?"

The guy groans, rubbing his back too. "Yeah, I'm fine. I can't exactly say I was paying the most attention either." He chuckles before getting onto his knees and starting to gather my stuff.

I do the same, a little flustered as to how out of it I must've been. "Thank you for helping. I really am sorry for hitting you."

He smiles and shakes his head. "It's alright, really."

We both stand up, and he hands me the bag back. I make sure everything's in it.

"It was nice to see you."

My eyebrows furrow. "What?"

"You look well, (L/N)."

My foot slides back before he shoves me into the alley. I yelp as I fall into a group of arms. They grab and snare my clothes, dragging me back with pure strength of numbers. I kick and scream, slam my feet down into theirs, thrash about, twist my body, but nothing works. No one enters the alleyway after I'm pushed in, even though I catch eyes glancing. It was typical behavior, though it was disappointing.

I grunt as I'm dropped to the ground and pinned down. A man straddles my waist, shoving my shoulders down. Two men hold my wrists to the ground, and two more hold my ankles down. I try to overpower them in at least one way, just to get something free. No one slips.

"Let me the fuck go!" I yell, looking at the man who I'd run into.

He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes. "But the Boss is waiting for you. You guys have some things to discuss."

"What things?! Just kill me! It'll be so much easier!"

He shakes his head before swiping his hand up. The men set to work to handcuff my limbs. I kick the men off my legs even though there's already one on an ankle. My arms are much weaker, so I can't do much else than watch as my wrists are chained together. Fear sets deep into my bones, but it wasn't even for myself. As I felt my ankles being shoved together again, my breath hitched. I'd been caught while by myself. No one was coming.