Chapter 12- If You Were Not My Little Aunt

Start from the beginning

This voice caused Xiao Che to immediately stare, involuntarily saying: “Little Aunt?”

“Ah?” The shadow let out a quiet gasp, then quickly ran over. Coming closer, the moonlight revealed a dainty but charmingly elegant cheek. It was precisely Xiao Lingxi. Upon clearly seeing Xiao Che, she opened her eyes wide. “Xiao Che? Why are you here?”

“I…” Xiao Che scratched his head. “I couldn’t sleep, so I came out to stargaze.”

“Stargaze? Tonight is your wedding night, you aren’t with your Xia Qingyue consummating… consummating your marriage, but instead came out here to stargaze?!” Xiao Lingxi grabbed Xiao Che’s arm, an angry pout on her face. “Don’t you know that it’s dangerous here? From time to time, profound beasts will come out, and when it’s this dark, sometimes bandits will come here. What would happen if you carelessly ran into them? I have told you many times now, if I or your grandfather aren’t by your side, you absolutely can’t come out here, even if it’s during the day. You actually… did not listen to my words!”

As she talked, Xiao Lingxi also angrily pinched Xiao Che’s arm as punishment.

“Ah! It hurts, it hurts!” Xiao Che hurriedly yelled and then apologetically said, “Little aunt, I know I’m in the wrong, next time I definitely won’t dare.”

“You want there to be a next time?!” Xiao Lingxi glared at him with her beautiful eyes.

“… There definitely won’t be a next time! If I want to come to the rear mountains in the future, I definitely will call for little aunt to come with me.” Xiao Che solemnly vowed. With that said, if it weren’t for his extra life’s worth of memories, he definitely wouldn’t dare to come out to this place alone at night.

“That’s more like it… There’s not allowed to be a next time!”

“Then… Little aunt, why did you come here? It’s this late already.” Xiao Che asked, confused.

“I…” Xiao Lingxi’s voice lowered, her eyes appearing a bit hollow. “I don’t know why, but I couldn’t sleep tonight. Then I saw that the stars were really bright tonight, so I wanted to come to the rear mountains to take a look.”

Xiao Che looked up at the sky, then said with a smile, “In the past, little aunt and I would frequently sneak out here at night to enjoy the evening wind and look at the stars… And would frequently get caught and scolded by grandfather.”

“Hm.” Xiao Lingxi responded, then quietly said, “I also thought about that, so I thought I’d see how it felt to come out by myself to stargaze… Because in the future, I might not be able to stargaze with little Che.”

“Ah? Why?”

“Stupid! Because little Che is married! In the future, you should be accompanying your wife, Qingyue, to bed at night, rather than coming out to enjoy the evening wind and stargaze.” Xiao Lingxi coldly glanced at him and then pouted for some reason.

“That’s not true! As long as little aunt is willing, no matter when, I would willingly come here with little aunt to stargaze… See! Aren’t I doing that with you right now?” Xiao Che said with a smile.

“You’re still saying that! Sneaking to the rear mountains during your wedding night… Ah! You weren’t forced out here by Xia Qingyue, were you?” Upon thinking of that, Xiao Lingxi’s face filled with rage and she stamped her feet: “Hmph! That’s too excessive, I’m going to go find her!”

“You don’t need to worry about her.” Xiao Che grabbed Xiao Lingxi’s hand. “I wasn’t forced out here by her. I came out by myself. Maybe I just carelessly predicted that I’d meet little aunt here… come on, let’s go to that place.”