(141) - Ankhseram

"Have they already recovered...?!" Merlin asks in shock. A dark smirk appears on my face as I exchange a look with Zeldris. "Don't make light of the recovery power of all of us!" Chandler warns.

"Don't shout so loud!" Cusack groans, grabbing his head. "It's pouring in my head... it's like I'm hungover... though it looks like some of them are suffering even worse than we are... but what would you expect?"

"Margaret... are you okay?!"

"What have you done to lord Ludocriel?!" Hendrickson demands furiously, remaining by the archangel's side. I chuckle in amusement, noticing their accusatory glances.

"This isn't their doing... the source... is likely my master, Gowther..." Merlin says, staring at us in pain. "He used dark magic to alter the memories of everyone that knew Mael of the four archangels... even the demon king himself!!"

Erza, Gray, Gildarts, Jellal, Escanor, Gilthunder, and Hendrickson stare at her in confusion. "None of us are too sure what's happening, but you guys should take it easy until you feel better," Erza says sharply.

Merlin frowns. "But—"

"No, she is right," Escanor says. "Lady Merlin, you should rest up and not push yourself any further. We can take this from here." The boar sin heaves a sigh, allowing herself to rest.

"That uneasy feeling I always had around Estarossa... now that I at least know what is is, it's like I've finally cleared my throat of something that was blocking it," Cusack says with a satisfied smirk. "To think that you manufactured Mael into Estarossa to get the goddess clan to invoke the coffin of everlasting darkness..."

He bursts into a dark laughter, seeming amused by the entire thing. Bellion exchanges a look with Fraudrin, wearing an arrogant smirk. Zeldris keeps a stern expression, nodding in my direction.

"But, for some reason or another, that alteration was undone, and the realizations that it brought came in like a shock... and impact right into our very souls," Cusack says with a dangerous smile. "And, it seems the closer to Mael someone was, the greater that impact is."

"Estarossa of the Ten Commandments..." Escanor says, having a serious look on his face. "Was Mael of the four archangels!?" I chuckle in amusement, seeing Merlin's strained expression.

"If that's so, then Zeldris, Ankhseram... why..." Merlin chokes out, narrowing her eyes at us. A sadistic smirk appears on my face as I watch her weakly stare us. "Why have I not received any notable shock...? What a dumb question," Zeldris says with a casual smirk.

"Even though I've known Mael since I was young, I was never fond of him," I say coldly, seeing her eyes widen. "Even when he was living in this castle with us as Estarossa, I completely despised him."

"As for me, I never once looked up to Estarossa as a brother," Zeldris says coldly. "Now that I'm finding out he wasn't really my brother, I'm quite relieved. Now then, let's move onto round two..."

"No... leave this to us."

"What?" Zeldris says in surprise, turning his head around. Cusack heaves a sigh, having a serious expression on his face. "You guys can't be serious," I say in annoyance.

"Indeed, with Ludocriel in that state, at a glance it seems our situation has changed for the better..." Cusack says with a concentrated expression. "But meanwhile, Escanor has recovered. And, the mages of fairy tail are preparing to face us."

"So now of all times, what reason is there for you two to fight alone...?" Zeldris asks in a serious expression, crossing his arms.

"They still have their allies, the seven deadly sins and fairy tail," Chandler says, holding his staff out in front of him. "We wish for you, master Zeldris and Lady Ankhseram, to preserve your strength for when they inevitably attack."

Cusack frowns. "Which is why we shall take responsibility for the foes before us now," Cusack says, holding his sword in the air. I gently place my hand on Zeldris' shoulder, knowing that he was upset about their decision.

"This is something we must do!!"

"This is our duty..."

Chandler and Cusack cross their weapons as an enormous energy comes from them. "Once, long ago, in order for the demon king to rule the underworld, he created one certain demon," Cusack explains. "Naming it the original demon, the demon king granted it his power as his most trusted retainer. But, the sinful demon of origin took great hubris in his own strength... and started a rebellion to take the demon king's throne for himself."

"This magic power... it's...!!" Merlin says in terror. Erza frowns, having a serious expression on her face. Gray clenches his fists, nervously staring at them. Gildarts forces a smile, punching his other hand.

"Of course, after overtaking the demon, it received a great and fine punishment," Cusack continues as his body starts to merge with Chandler. "Its body and soul was torn into two, and it was given an important duty. They were to be instructors to the princes and to raise them to be candidates for the next demon king..."

"Cusack! Chandler..." Zeldris demands, having a nervous yet irritated look on his face. "Just what in the world are you two doing?!" A tense expression appears on Zeldris' face as I engulf him in a hug.

"Master Zeldris..." Cusack says with a calm smile. "This is my request to you." Tears appear in Zeldris' eyes as he puts his arms around me. I sigh, knowing that his master was leaving him.

"Young master Meliodas..." Chandler says softly, glancing at the cocoon. "You must become demon king." They merge together as tears form in my eyes. Even though I didn't know them that long, I still considered them apart of our family.

The giant black orb disappears all around as dust fills the air. "W-What in the world...?" Gray says in surprise, glancing all around. He carefully stands in front of Natsu, having a nervous look on his face.

"Impossible!" Escanor roars, holding Merlin close to him. "They dispersed the dark domain created by Meliodas and the commandments?!" Merlin narrows her eyes at them, having a serious expression on her face.

"That... is their original form...?" Jellal says in a stern yet worried tone. He pulls Erza behind him, not daring to take his eyes off of the sight in front of him. A sudden figure emerges from the dust.

The figure has a centaur-like body, but with a white feline lower body instead of a horse, with two strange appendages for tails and four arms. He wears reddish armor only on his upper body.

He wears a helmet that resembles butterfly wings, covering both of his eyes, leaving his green flame-like hair, nose and mouth exposed. He has a long white beard and sharp teeth.

"I am the sinner... the original demon."