(100) - Elizabeth

Silence fills the bedroom as I stare out the window. Birds chirp, flapping their wings to their own melody. Squirrels scurry up trees, preparing for the winter time. Even the smallest critter had its own purpose.

I furrow my eyebrows as Lucy comes to mind. We had a lot of memories together. She protected me from those holy knights and even took me under her wing to teach me how to fight.

Ellie, why are you crying? A familiar voice rang through my head. Pain erupts in my head as I try not to scream. I grip my forehead tightly, feeling the tears streaming down my cheeks as I yearn for the speaker of the voice.

"W-Who are you...?" I ask, receiving no answer. I sigh heavily as exhaustion spreads throughout my entire body. My eyelids grow heavy as I glance at the stars. Guilt runs deep within me as I fade to dreamland.

Darkness surrounds me as I scream for help. No one came as tears stream down my cheeks. "All of your friends will eventually leave you," a voice states as I glance in that direction. A figure stands there, having the darkness surround him like a magnet.

"W-Who are you...?" I demand anxiously, narrowing my eyes at him. A dark chuckle came from his figure as my hands tremble in fear. The male steps out of the shadows with a deep smirk on his face.

My eyes widen in surprise as amusement appears on his face. He was the same guy that cursed Merlin! "Who I am shouldn't concern you," he says bitterly. "What you should be concerned about the darkness growing from within."

I stare at him in shock. "What do you mean...?" I ask nervously. He remains quiet, pursing his lips. "What did you do to me!?" I demand, clenching my fists in rage as a smirk makes its way to his face.

"Consuming all of that darkness would naturally harm a normal human," he says with a smug smile. "As for a goddess, it's a very slow process but will increase by the day. And, soon enough, there will be obvious symptoms."

My hair covers my eyes as fill my eyes. How could I be so ignorant? "Why did you do this...?" I choke out, seeing pure hatred form on his face. I sigh heavily, feeling worried.

"You were the reason Meliodas destroyed us, you filthy goddess," he says, clenching his fists in rage. "Around the same time, your sister tried to tell you the truth, but you ignored her and laughed about it."

I shake my head, trying my best not to believe it. "S-Stop it...!" I choke out, grabbing my head. "I..." All of the words seem to disappear from my lips as he stares at me, not moving a single muscle as the dream fades.

My eyes snap open. My hands were trembling as tears stream down my cheeks. I clench my fists in desperation as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I wipe a tear from my face as my breathing gets heavier.

A knock came from the bedroom door as I jump in surprise. "Whose there?" I ask abruptly, trying to make it seem like I haven't been crying. I sigh heavily, opening the door.

Diane stands there with a sheepish expression. "Elizabeth, I need to talk to you," she says. I nod, letting her into my room. I shut the door, narrowing my eyes at her.

"So, what do you need to talk about?"

Diane sighs heavily. "When King and I were at the fairy king's forest, we were led three thousand years in the past," she explains. "I think we saw you there..." My eyes widen in surprise as my hands start to tremble.

"W-What was I doing there...?" I ask. Diane sighs, furrowing her eyebrows in concentration. She sits on my bed, staring off into the distance for a moment.

"Um..." She begins, scratching her forehead in concentration. "You were a goddess and not just any goddess. Y-Your power level was so high..." Diane sighs heavily. "All of the goddesses had a high respect for you."

"I..." I begin as the black haired male's words entering into my mind. "D-Diane, I have a confession to make." Her eyes widen. I sit on the bed next to her.

She nods. "Okay."

"I've been having these weird visions," I say, clenching my shaking fists. "In these visions, I was called a traitor and didn't understand what that meant. That was before the awakening of the Ten Commandments."

Diane's eyes widen in shock. "Elizabeth, you should've told us..." She says, engulfing me in a hug. "We would've helped you..." I sigh heavily as she pulls me into a hug. Tears flow from my eyes like a waterfall as she holds me tightly.

"It didn't happen too long ago," I say, clenching my fists. "When Dereri and Monspeet attacked the Boar Hat, they mistook me for someone. I didn't think much of it at the time..."

"Elizabeth..."

"It wasn't until today that I was told I was cursed goddess Elizabeth," I say, meeting her gaze. "When the person explained it, everything made sense. I understood why Lucy and I were so close. I understood why Meliodas and I—"

Long ago, Meliodas and I lived in a cottage. I had a major case of amnesia, and he found me alone in the woods. From there, he took care of me and nursed me back to health. It wasn't long before we fell in love all over again.

"Elizabeth...?"

"I-I remembered something..." I choke out. "I-It's true..." I meet Diane's gaze. "I'm goddess Elizabeth..."