(78) - Elizabeth

The wind calmly blows against my hair as I carefully eye Erza and Wendy. Both of them have serious expressions as they meet my gaze. "To start us off with, you will spar against me," Erza states.

I furrow my eyebrows, remembering what Lucy and the elderly woman taught me. In basic rules of combat, I would need to get the upper hand. "Alright then," I say as a smile flashes on Erza's face.

A few seconds pass as Erza appears in front of me, aiming a punch in my direction. "You have to be prepared for anything," she says as I slice at her feet. Erza jumps in the air, refusing to take her eyes off of me.

I rush towards Erza, sending punch after punch in her direction. I can only groan in frustration as she dodges all of them with ease, kicking me in the stomach. I cartwheel on the ground, landing safely on my feet.

Erza nods proudly. "I see that Lucy has done a pretty good job training you," she says with a slight smile. "I know where you are at now. Let's practice with magic."

I nod. "Alright then."

I hold out my arms as a bright orb forms in my hands. "Alright then!" Erza says. "Requip!" Erza's attire starts to change as a new energy came from her direction.

I glance at her outfit as my eyes widen in shock. In that outfit, she didn't just look pretty but intimidating as well. She looks exactly like this:

"This is my angel empress armor," she explains, her gaze focused on me

"This is my angel empress armor," she explains, her gaze focused on me. "Not much light magic will work on me." I furrow my eyebrows as a calm smile appears on my face almost instantly.

"That's good." I stare at her. "My light magic won't be defeated that easily." A small smile forms on Erza's face as two orbs of light form in my hands. I narrow my eyes at Erza, feeling her amused yet stern gaze.

"We will see," she says with a smile. A golden sword appears out of thin air as she races in my direction. I dodge her first attack, hitting her in the face with an orb of light. She sends me to the ground as I gasp for breath.

She points her sword in my direction as a sigh escapes my lips. "Okay, okay, you win," I say. Erza sighs as the sword disappears into thin air.

"Nice—"

"You could've saved him with that power," I say as my hair covers my eyes. "You are a mage that all members of fairy tail bragged about and—" My voice cracks as she pulls me in for a hug.

"I know." Her voice sounds soothing and calm. "I should have been there. Don't think I don't blame myself. That's why I'm here helping you." I glance at her with tears in my eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry I blamed you like that..." I choke out as tears stream down my cheeks. "I-I just really miss Meliodas, and I feel like I'm way too weak..." Erza sighs, patting my head delicately.

"It's okay." She squeezes her arms around me. "We all feel like that sometimes. It's those times when we need to just get up again and keep trying no matter how hard it gets." I nod as she stares at the ground in dismay.

"Did you go through a hard struggle?"

Erza nods. "It was rough, but I made it."

A smile appears on my face. "I understand it now," I say as she eyes me cautiously. "Erza, please teach me how to fight. For real." A smile appears on Erza's face as she nods in my direction.